Dele-Bashiru

46 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Exactly the type of signing we should have made after the play-off final to supplement the signings of the likes of Fletcher and Abdi. And yes, I include the Broken One in my previous sentence because it was always a really solid one "on paper". But signings like Dele-Bashiru should have been on the cards alongside the two I've mentioned, instead of those well-known household names of the late-20s-years-olds Modou Sougou and Urby Emmanuelson.

I really hope this comes through and finally signals a change in transfer policy and the sort of characters we have entering the dressing room.

Sougou was signed the first season. 

It was Emmanuelson and David Jones which looked odd. Rhodes and Abdi cost us the most but looked good signings on paper at the time.

Fingers crosses this lad has what it takes.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, andytrig said:

Signing young players from the academies of top clubs has to be the way forward for us.

Hopefully this indicates a change in our recruitment policy.

It will be, but soon as we lose two on the trot with at least three young players in the side, everyone will want to ditch the plan in favour of buying expensive, experienced players... you never win anything with young ones.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade
  • Like 1

Anyone got to read Ben Wilkinson's bit on Dele-Bashiru after he first got linked with us. 

Wilkinson is our ex development fase coach and curent Man City U-23 asistent manager. 

He said that Bashiru did great for them against Chelsea U-23's but struggled to get back to that level of performances again. Also said he is very strong for his age but inconsistant. 

I love that we are looking at highly rated PL 2 players who came through top academies of best English clubs. It is just that I don't think Dele-Bashiru is good enough to build our long term future around. Don't think he will come cheap as well. 

Watching him even before he got linked with us he reminded me a lot of Craig Rocastle. 

1 minute ago, malek said:

He said that Bashiru did great for them against Chelsea U-23's but struggled to get back to that level of performances again. Also said he is very strong for his age but inconsistant. 

Well that's the reason he isn't in City's first team and coming to us. Otherwise they would have another Phil Foden on their hands

1 minute ago, malek said:

Anyone got to read Ben Wilkinson's bit on Dele-Bashiru after he first got linked with us. 

Wilkinson is our ex development fase coach and curent Man City U-23 asistent manager. 

I love that we are looking at highly rated PL 2 players who came through top academies of best English clubs. It is just that I don't think Dele-Bashiru is good enough to build our long term future around. Don't think he will come cheap as well. 

Watching him even before he got linked with us he reminded me a lot of Craig Rocastle. 

Almost every single young player is the same though mate. Potential, but a way off the finished article. What he should have in bundles is energy and desire. After that, it is up to the coaches and his team mates to accentuate the positives and eradicate the weaknesses. If Man City are prepared to offer him a 4 year contract, he must have something?

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Shetland Owl said:

He wouldn't be coming to us if he was the finished article. Good to hear he is hungry for 1st team football, something to prove and possibly a player to sell on in 4 years time and make some money. That's providing we land him

Exactly. He knows he has weaknesses and wants to do something about it, rather than pretending he has made it at Citehs training ground.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pieman said:

Almost every single young player is the same though mate. Potential, but a way off the finished article. What he should have in bundles is energy and desire. After that, it is up to the coaches and his team mates to accentuate the positives and eradicate the weaknesses. If Man City are prepared to offer him a 4 year contract, he must have something?

No, they are not. As I said before I watched over 30 PL 2 games this season alone. There are some top players at that level, it is just I don’t think Dele-Bashiru is one of them. 

Just imagine how player who struggled for consistency at U-23 level will find it playing Championship football?! 

I'm afraid that he is player that City wanted to get rid of (despite stories that they offered him long term deal) and who got recommended to us by parties not working in best interes of our club. 

Right or wrong that is my opinion. But certainly Bashiru did little to impress in games I've seen him play (I even linked one of those on here). 

12 minutes ago, Pieman said:

I think clubs offer youngsters good contracts in order to make sure they get a decent amount of compensation at a tribunal.

Guest Timothy Fields
1 hour ago, YesWeCrann said:

His full name is Tom Dele Bashiru and you can make a TURBODIESEL from his name, we need someone with pace in the middle, called him the new Yaya Toure at City 3 years ago, SORRY I think I got the wrong Dele Bashiru

Edited by Timothy Fields
Error