Dele-Bashiru

8 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

That's his brother

Maybe we might try to sign him on Loan? As I've said before I could see some more movement out in midfield before the end of this window?

Edited by Jim

My main concern with signing this guy and players like him is will our fans give him time to learn at this learn? Or will they more than likely get torn to shreds by our 'supporters' like so many other players over the years when they have a bad game or two?

After all we should be PL staples by now and mixing it up in the CL don't you know...

• Like 3

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, SiJ said:

It's an approach that we've done well with previously: Brunt, Whelan, Simek etc. These were all good players released by PL clubs.

Criminal really that we only got £3m for those 3 combined

4 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

WMy main concern with signing this guy and players like him is will our fans give him time to learn at this learn? Or will they more than likely get torn to shreds by our 'supporters' like so many other players over the years when they have a bad game or two?

After all we should be PL staples by now and mixing it up in the CL don't you know...

THIS! 

it's the exact attitude that has to change at our club, we have this sort of swagger about us when in reality we've done F all for 20 years.

We used to talk about can the players play in front of a Hillsborough crowd like its some sort of bragging rights, reality is the up and coming youth don't have the character that they used to have and most will just crumble. 

Is it a coincidence Moses Odubajo has just had his best games in a Wednesday shirt with there not being a crowd? 

We write players off after 3 games, when in reality it takes time and we as a fanbase ain't so quick to allow that. Look at Jamie Vardy he didn't pull up and trees at Leicester when he first signed, yesterday he won the golden boot, there's endless example of this happening sometimes it doesn't click straight away but our fanbase slags them off with 1 miss-placed pass.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

I have no problem signing young academy players 

They show hunger and desire to learn 

And coming from man City he will have a desire to win and succeed

Something that no one currently at our club has

I don't know what wages he will be on but if its likebChelsea youth player wages, he will need to take a massive wage cut 

8 minutes ago, Lucas Joao's Tooth said:

THIS! 

it's the exact attitude that has to change at our club, we have this sort of swagger about us when in reality we've done F all for 20 years.

We used to talk about can the players play in front of a Hillsborough crowd like its some sort of bragging rights, reality is the up and coming youth don't have the character that they used to have and most will just crumble. 

Is it a coincidence Moses Odubajo has just had his best games in a Wednesday shirt with there not being a crowd? 

We write players off after 3 games, when in reality it takes time and we as a fanbase ain't so quick to allow that. Look at Jamie Vardy he didn't pull up and trees at Leicester when he first signed, yesterday he won the golden boot, there's endless example of this happening sometimes it doesn't click straight away but our fanbase slags them off with 1 miss-placed pass.

You lost me at Odobajo 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Emerson Thome said:

And our chances of signing those players? Some bloke worth £6m+ and never played in the Prem and two of their hotest 17 year old prospect are....?

Unfortunately we're in the market for players not deemed good enough. Although the club has picked up a few academy cast-offs over the years who were alright, Whelan, Brunt, Simek, etc. Even Sheridan was that bloke who couldn't get a game at Forest.

Think you are missing my point. I'm not saying that we should (or rather could sign any of 3 I mentioned on permanentno deals). However I wanted to put into perspective rumor of City offering him 4 years deal and him turning it down in favor of first team football, when it is more likely that he wouldn't be starting for their U-23 team if he stayed there. 

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

You lost me at Odobajo 

Classic example of what i just mentioned about, so blinkered that he's had a shocking season it pains people to say he actually did well in the last couple of games. See what everyone else has said on Morgan Fox, basically took that much flak he's said F That im off.

• Haha 2

Don't know anything of him but could be a good signing.

I think we need technically gifted players and coming form Man City academy he should be pretty decent on the ball.

He isn't going to be the finished article but lets hope we can develop him enough to make him an effective championship player or sell him on for a decent few quid!

• Like 1