Dele-Bashiru

The chairman's son is more on the ball than the club's marketing department. Kind of days anything you need to know.

Hope the lad is a good signing, have to say never hear of him or his brother, but we need to start finding rough diamond from somewhere, that we can develop and either move the club forward or sell for decent profits.

• Like 1

We have all been banging on for ages about picking up going promising players for cheap who are hungry and could make us a profit.

If this isn't exactly that then I don't know what is.

Well done SWFC and well done Monk. 

At least this type of signing is along the right lines.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, SiJ said:

Wait...so the bloke (malek) who thought Luke Boden was a future superstar is writing this kid off before he's even signed?

So confused right now.

Don’t forget Rhys McCabe. 

I’ve never know anyone judge footballers abilities so badly. 

19 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Whatever people think about Monk, this speaks volumes

He's not made one permanent signing yet and people are calling for his head

That’s a very fair point. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Could be better than Messi

Very true. But I am sure if that was the case he wouldnt be coming to us on a free transfer.

Man C could squeeze 2 or 3m out of some foreign team for even the most mediocre of youngster. 

It is a signing we should be looking at but we are just getting carried away abit as he is from Man City's academy and we assume all them must be good. But as I said above the ones that are dont go on frees to the middle of the championship. 

Hope he does well as thats good for us and I can honestly say I know nothing about him so he could be anything. But logic tell me if Man City are giving him to us for nothing. Then they know full well they ain't going to miss him.

Because we are basically trusting our scouts (hes good so we are signing him) against there top, top scouting and coaching team ( hes that bad we are letting him go on a free even though we could get 7m for a player with a league cup appearance ) and when you look at it like that it's a scary, scary thought isnt it.

Sorry for putting a downer on this but unfortunately that is the harsh reality of this signing could be good, but dont get to excited yet.

27 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Whatever people think about Monk, this speaks volumes

He's not made one permanent signing yet and people are calling for his head

He’ll get my support if he can produce a footballing side, and this seems like a good start

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Very true. But I am sure if that was the case he wouldnt be coming to us on a free transfer.

Man C could squeeze 2 or 3m out of some foreign team for even the most mediocre of youngster. 

It is a signing we should be looking at but we are just getting carried away abit as he is from Man City's academy and we assume all them must be good. But as I said above the ones that are dont go on frees to the middle of the championship. 

Hope he does well as thats good for us and I can honestly say I know nothing about him so he could be anything. But logic tell me if Man City are giving him to us for nothing. Then they know full well they ain't going to miss him.

Because we are basically trusting our scouts (hes good so we are signing him) against there top, top scouting and coaching team ( hes that bad we are letting him go on a free even though we could get 7m for a player with a league cup appearance ) and when you look at it like that it's a scary, scary thought isnt it.

Sorry for putting a downer on this but unfortunately that is the harsh reality of this signing could be good, but dont get to excited yet.

To be honest, spending £10M on the striker who had scored the most goals in the previous 5 years of league football absolutely destroyed us so as far as signings at SWFC are concerned I never get my hopes up. Although this type of signing does excite me more than your average, older journeyman that you know will be injured and treat the club as a pension top up.

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

To be honest, spending £10M on the striker who had scored the most goals in the previous 5 years of league football absolutely destroyed us so as far as signings at SWFC are concerned I never get my hopes up. Although this type of signing does excite me more than your average, older journeyman that you know will be injured and treat the club as a pension top up.

Of course it does and I would much rather this type of player aswell. Its virtually risk free.

All I am saying to all those who think we have just signed the next Phil Foden is Man C dont get rid of them type of players at all, letalone on a free.

12 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

If we go by that logic then we would never sign a Premier player again. 

He or more likely his agent has looked who is in front of him in the pecking order and come to the conclusion that if he wants first team football then he has to look elsewhere to achieve that.

If he proves himself then another Premier club might sign him, which is a win, win situation for the player and the club. (And the leach of an agent).

It's of course a gamble, as it is with all young players, but it's what many on OT have been calling for.  I welcome it as well but it must go hand in hand with buying other youngsters and picking up some older more experienced guys Leeven types.

• Like 1