Rhodes and Norwich

Guest Bulgaria
19 minutes ago, Sticky Micky said:

Norwich are skint 

Their manager said as much earlier in the season, hence why the didn't sign anyone with any value last summer 

Norwich could be another Stoke, fail to do what most people expect 

There's skint and there's skint.

Norwich aint skint, frugal more like.

Guest LondonOwl313
2 minutes ago, briggowl said:

I disagree. Most of us were wondering why we needed a 7th striker. He'd been poor for Boro and was never worth the money they paid, to me it was a huge risk! It was a very strange signing given the position we were in.

Going in to that January, we had FF who was mainly playing as a wide midfielder/forward, then Fletcher, Hooper, Joao and Nuhui. Most would have said we needed one more top quality forward given everyone knows Nuhui’s limitations and at the time Joao was fading badly after a good start, so much so that he went on loan to Blackburn. Then Hooper was injury prone.

We didn’t need both Winnall and Rhodes, but I guess DC thought that Rhodes goals would get us to automatic. Think we lost 2-1 at Brighton the week before in a game we should have won when we missed a pen at 1-1... a win would have got us to 6 points off second after about 28 games. So by the time he came in we were 12 adrift and play offs were the goal, and that made it an unnecessary financial risk

Guest LondonOwl313
3 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

There's skint and there's skint.

Norwich aint skint, frugal more like.

They’ll spend this summer I think.. will sell off some of their young defenders for big money too. 

Their strategy was to use the promotion money to settle legacy debts and build up the infrastructure rather than spend on PL wages. It’s kind of worked too when you consider the end result for Villa will be the same yet they’re lumbered with lots of contracts that nobody will want to take on

Norwich have a clean slate and a war chest for the Championship 

37 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Was rumoured that’s where Fletcher is off to. Imagine if they get promoted with a Fletcher and Rhodes partnership up front lol

They were supposedly close to getting Fletcher when we signed him so it’s probably a good shout.

As for Rhodes, I wouldn’t necessarily assume they’ll have ‘moved on’. Their recruitment is very specific and they signed Pukki off the back of an awful goal scoring reputation, outside of the Danish league. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And DC has quite rightly put the blame squarely on your shoulders.

Great to see you posting yesterday about an actual football match.

Oh no my mistake.

You don't do that when we win do you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

They offered to take him from us for free last summer, didn't they?

I can't see them offering more now.

Think that ship has sailed, we wont be able to get rid, unless Huddersfield get relegated they may be interested.

They want £50M for Godfrey and £30+ for Cantwell. They don't usually soend much money but they'll be buying a lot better than Rhodes. 

If people don't understand how far we are behind certain teams we're talking about a 20th placed Prem team with individual squad assets worth more than our club. 

• Like 2

We could do with getting rid of Westwood and Rhodes this summer. Not just do with the fact that they are surplus to requirements but they are big earners who’s salaries are significantly higher than the majority of the group.

But, I just don’t see it happening. Which club is going to come in for either of those 2 especially given the current situation? 

Every time Norwich come and try to get Rhodes they always try to do it on the cheap. 

When they got to the Premier League and got all that Premier League money they offered to take him off is for free and not pay anything.

Although getting him off the wage bill would be a good thing, I’ve a feeling Chansiri won’t be entertaining them unless they get serious for a change.