Rhodes and Norwich

With Norwich now being relegated, I hope (with their extra bit of PL cash) they come back in for Rhodes. I think it’s more likely now than last season. We may have to take a slight hit and pay ‘some’ of the wages but surely that’s better than nothing?!

Of the clubs with ‘supposed’ past interest in him I’d say they are best placed of anyone to take him off our hands.

Big earner-wise that would probably just leave Westwood who doesn’t feature for the first team that much to get off the books and make the finances a little clearer/easier.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

With Norwich now being relegated, I hope (with their extra bit of PL cash) they come back in for Rhodes. I think it’s more likely now than last season. We may have to take a slight hit and pay ‘some’ of the wages but surely that’s better than nothing?!

Of the clubs with ‘supposed’ past interest in him I’d say they are best placed of anyone to take him off our hands.

Big earner-wise that would probably just leave Westwood who doesn’t feature for the first team that much to get off the books and make the finances a little clearer/easier.

Off to Serie A. 

All Rhodes lead to Roma

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And that's the desperation our mismanagement has led us to.

Praying somebody will help us minimise our catastrophic mistakes.

I know. You look for positives out of a season and I never thought getting a player off our books would be heralded as a major positive.

• Like 1

Guest LondonOwl313

Was rumoured that’s where Fletcher is off to. Imagine if they get promoted with a Fletcher and Rhodes partnership up front lol

Pretty sure I read that they wanted to sign Rhodes because he was a nice bloke to have around the dressing room. 

Given that, it isn't exactly surprising they ended up getting relegated. 

15 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

And that's the desperation our mismanagement has led us to.

Praying somebody will help us minimise our catastrophic mistakes.

We, as in 90% of our fans who wanted him signed.

I include myself amongst those

• Like 1

Norwich are skint 

Their manager said as much earlier in the season, hence why the didn't sign anyone with any value last summer 

Norwich could be another Stoke, fail to do what most people expect 

22 minutes ago, Shetland Owl said:

lets hope they come in with an offer for Rhodes,  i am sure Puki will leave at the end of the season

Pukki has not had a good second half of the season so I'm not sure there are any takers right now. He still has 2 years to go on his current deal and he's really happy at Norwich. They probably need him if they are trying to bounce back.

13 minutes ago, lanzaroteowl said:

We, as in 90% of our fans who wanted him signed.

I include myself amongst those

I disagree. Most of us were wondering why we needed a 7th striker. He'd been poor for Boro and was never worth the money they paid, to me it was a huge risk! It was a very strange signing given the position we were in.

• Like 5
  • Love 1