Rhodes and Norwich

1 hour ago, Swiss Toni said:

He’s the same player they were interested in before pace-wise. I personally don’t know why they wanted him before but I wouldn’t be against them wanting him again.

I think that boat has sailed mate

Only teams I can realistically see being willing to pay his wages would be MLS etc now. Really is a shame things haven’t worked out for him here. Be quite ironic if he came on in the last game of the season and scored the goal to relegate Boro though. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

I feel sorry for the lad,  because I can only imagine how difficult this has all been for him. When he came to Hillsborough he seemed genuinely delighted to be here and of course, we were all willing him to be that 20 goal a season man we all crave. Regardless of how much money he is on, this will be tearing him up inside as he starts to realise that he simply can’t do it any more even though he’s not that old. I do suspect that his level may now be L1 but who could afford him? Sunderland maybe. Us if we got relegated! I for one won’t knock DC for signing him because if it had worked, we would quite likely have gone up via the play offs that season. Declining to take a penalty though, was a serious error on his behalf and he’s never really come back from it. 

Guest Therealrealist
4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Wonder if the opponent had something to do with that.

Doubt it didn’t he bottle takin one when udders beat the gruntbags at wembley

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Doubt it didn’t he bottle takin one when udders beat the gruntbags at wembley

No idea. Rhodes to me seems like to lovely a bloke to want to be the one that stoped huddersfield getting to the big time for the first time in 100 odd years

7 hours ago, Devonstrix said:

I feel sorry for the lad,  because I can only imagine how difficult this has all been for him. When he came to Hillsborough he seemed genuinely delighted to be here and of course, we were all willing him to be that 20 goal a season man we all crave. Regardless of how much money he is on, this will be tearing him up inside as he starts to realise that he simply can’t do it any more even though he’s not that old. I do suspect that his level may now be L1 but who could afford him? Sunderland maybe. Us if we got relegated! I for one won’t knock DC for signing him because if it had worked, we would quite likely have gone up via the play offs that season. Declining to take a penalty though, was a serious error on his behalf and he’s never really come back from it. 

Its a decent comment, but i have no sympathy for him whatsoever. An absolute bottler, and we can't work on " If's " in football.

It's a results business, and hes added next to nothing to that and fleeced us blind.  I don't think he has the bottle for any league in the UK and the mention of the MLS is probably his only chance.

22 hours ago, Bannofan said:

You still believe the club,  and every manager who has played him, Carlos, Jos , Bullen and Monk - have done wrong by him. Can't you see how ridiculous that is? Four separate managers? 

He was lethal at Huddersfield and Blackburn.  He wasn't at Boro and he's certainly not been with us. We don't know why but I can say with certainty it's not the clubs, managers or formations fault. 

It's interesting that even Rhodes' otherwise prolific spell at Blackburn ended with a whimper. In his last 17+1 appearances he scored just 4 times, and that included one against a League Two team in the FA Cup. I can't claim any great tactical insight into his game before he came to us, but I am always suspicious of those who seem to be judged by headlines rather than actual performances. Sometimes, goal scoring can blind many to deficiencies in a player's abilities (both positively and negatively). Maybe that was true for Rhodes because pretty much ever since he got here I have not seen the kind of attributes you'd want in a forward at this level; goals or not.

• Like 1