What can the club do to get back on track?

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

You could always try buying him out and run the club the way you think it should run?.

I wondered how long it would be

1429356776_tenor(1).gif.8728b572f46281dc011e7c0569769a17.gif

36 minutes ago, modboy said:

Fresh start, proper footballing experts in to run the club.

28k seater stadium that can be expanded 

A priority on youth over has-beens

Oh yeh that's the Brentford model 

Keep seeing a lot of references to the "Brentford Model". I dont know how accurate the post below is but its certainly interesting.....

On 25/06/2020 at 09:16, Uncle Mort AMB said:

If ever there was a club that uses smoke and mirrors it's Brentford, £35 million a season in admin charges , loan notes to the owner £70 million that's without the funding for the new stadium over £100 million .

Though they have sold Griffin Park for over 30% of the valuation which brought in £50 million.

After 2018, the wage bill went down but the admin went up the following season, Giddings and Wilder did a phone in at the start of the year and told a blunt don't get fooled by clubs like Brighton, Huddersfield or even Brentford  all have spent huge amounts more than both Sheffield clubs but lets expose the myth.

The season they finished 5th, the EFL would've come calling with an embargo order, which led to the top three players being sold and the club went backwards .Brentford-FCs-2018-Finances.png.eaa3e2f96b86b71986c22060c774ce28.png  £100 million in the black on transfers which is paying for the moneyball project. 

2 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Keep seeing a lot of references to the "Brentford Model". I dont know how accurate the post below is but its certainly interesting.....

I don't mean in every aspect but they identity players and coaches to continue their ethos so if a player moves on they have the next lined up. 

The lack of any management support team suggests we are winging it.

The way they embarrassed us before lockdown and their season so far is impressive.

Re stadium they had no choice but to move 

We don't need to but we need to try and make it a home (maybe closing top half on stands would be a start) 

• Like 1

Beyond the constructive things already stated on this thread... I thought I'd read that the company that owns Hillsborough is registered in Hong Kong. If so, I'd consider moving it.

There is no hope of us heading in an upward direction until Chansiri leaves.

And there's no chance of Chansiri leaving until he gets back every penny he's invested so far.

And there's no chance of that until the world's most idiotic billionaire, or a EuroBillions winning Wednesdayite, decides he wants to take us on.

In short, the club is well and truly done. I genuinely can't see how the club will still be in existence in five years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

There is no hope of us heading in an upward direction until Chansiri leaves.

And there's no chance of Chansiri leaving until he gets back every penny he's invested so far.

And there's no chance of that until the world's most idiotic billionaire, or a EuroBillions winning Wednesdayite, decides he wants to take us on.

In short, the club is well and truly done. I genuinely can't see how the club will still be in existence in five years.

Not like you to be so positive....

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Might seem minor, but just look at our pathetic efforts to dress up the empty stands compared to Leeds and the rest. Zero effort like everything else. 

But people on here don't want the chairman spending money frivolously who pays for dressing up stands

9 minutes ago, Matt_1 said:

You covered it.

An experienced football CEO who actually has authority within the club.

Its been a glaring omission for years..the money spent on certain members of the squad would have covered that cost easily.

DC simply has to see this...We gambled ..we lost...then it went crazy.

abdi, Urby, Rhodes etc..How much money wasted?,,,,Who chose these...?  a mix of a chairman who admits he knows little of football and people who were gonna take full advantage of that fact.

Its the only explanation for a player given a contract and playing only 20 sodding minutes of it!

I know some hate any criticism of the Chairman, but be honest is this not the biggest mess we have ever been in?

is it bad luck?..It is in respect as even the most harsh of DC's critics have to admit he's put more money into the club than anyone else...

Good intentions...misplaced trust and very strange idea of how deep Wednesday fans pockets are.

surely this has to hit home soon, cos it glaringly obvious to everyone else.

We are waiting for the sh *t to hit the fan, while actually stood here covered in sh *T!!!...Cos its already happened....

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Its been a glaring omission for years..the money spent on certain members of the squad would have covered that cost easily.

DC simply has to see this...We gambled ..we lost...then it went crazy.

abdi, Urby, Rhodes etc..How much money wasted?,,,,Who chose these...?  a mix of a chairman who admits he knows little of football and people who were gonna take full advantage of that fact.

Its the only explanation for a player given a contract and playing only 20 sodding minutes of it!

I know some hate any criticism of the Chairman, but be honest is this not the biggest mess we have ever been in?

is it bad luck?..It is in respect as even the most harsh of DC's critics have to admit he's put more money into the club than anyone else...

Good intentions...misplaced trust and very strange idea of how deep Wednesday fans pockets are.

surely this has to hit home soon, cos it glaringly obvious to everyone else.

We are waiting for the sh *t to hit the fan, while actually stood here covered in sh *T!!!...Cos its already happened....

Urby was parked here IMO.

• Like 3