Wycombe Wanderers

5 hours ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Just had a quick look at the match preview on BBC Sport, Karl Robinson still going on about budgets all these years later. Boring flap. 

Not seen it, but Oxford have one of the biggest budgets in league 1!

1 minute ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Not according to hlm, both have bottom half budgets he claims. 

I know Charlton are a basketcase club but no way is he leaving them for oxford if they have a bottom half budget. At the time Charlton were pushing for League one play offs too. 

5 minutes ago, Beighton Owl 87 said:

I know Charlton are a basketcase club but no way is he leaving them for oxford if they have a bottom half budget. At the time Charlton were pushing for League one play offs too. 

Good point, I'm by no way defending the tail face by the way. Can't stand the man. 

On 07/07/2020 at 20:55, Miffed said:

It was a class touch from Wycombe and their supporters for not requesting more than the few hundred tickets they sold in order for us to have the West Stand for home supporters. I seem to remember, had they asked for any more they would have had to have the entire top tier instead of the NW corner.

I also remember their fans bouncing with us and joining in with the party atmosphere. Would be nice to see them in the championship. 

If I remember correctly, they’d already been doomed  for relegation before the Hillsborough game - so, to even bring a few hundred was an achievement