Wycombe Wanderers

Deserved it, really hope they get promoted. I went to their playoff final when they lost on pens a few seasons ago, was gutted for them on that occasion. They've never reached the 2nd tier in their history so will be fantastic for them if they beat Poxford (who incidentally happen to be the club Wycombe fans hate the most) next Monday. 

• Like 1

Mixed emotions throughout for me. Cousins Mrs is a massive pompey fan, brother in law lives in Oxford so his lad is a joint Oxford and Wednesday Fan, only 6 so still finding his feet, his mates support Oxford though. Also got soft spot fir whycombe naturally. Really didn't want Fleetwood to win so that was the easy bit. Afraid I'm rooting for Oxford but with the caveat that I don't really care, more bothered about whether we'll be playing em or not at the moment. 

Both Oxford and Wycombe are fairly local to me.

I tried to make Oxford my second team when I first moved down here but that sort of thing doesn't work.

I have plenty of friends who support them. Still have a bit of a soft spot for them.

I have a soft spot for Wycombe too. Partly because of our history with them and also I have friends who are involved with the club.

Not sure who I want to win the final.

Mixed emotions either way.

9 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Unbelievable to think after 2012 that they could be in a division above us next season. 

Funny old game lol 

Tell that to Hull & Huddersfield after their Playofff wins to the Prem. Both knocking at the door of League 1 right now.

tbh I'm not sure who I want to go up until I know what division we're in, or likely to be in. Yeah, Wycombe are a nice little club, went there in 2011/12 and it's a really friendly place as well, even the stewards were nice. Then again, they play some really horrible hoofball these days, watched them the other night and it showed a stat that they had the least number of passes completed in the division, but the highest number of long passes. 

My main criteria for next season is getting some new grounds in, I rarely get to add one to the list these days. As above I've been to Wycombe before, but never Oxford so that (and possibly West Ham) would be my only chance of a new ground next season if we're in the Championship. But if we go down I could have up to 6 new grounds in L1 if Oxford stayed down. But of course that could be moot anyway if fans still aren't allowed in grounds. Even if that changed during the season, with my luck we'd play at all the grounds I'd not been to early in the season when we can't attend!

It was a class touch from Wycombe and their supporters for not requesting more than the few hundred tickets they sold in order for us to have the West Stand for home supporters. I seem to remember, had they asked for any more they would have had to have the entire top tier instead of the NW corner.

I also remember their fans bouncing with us and joining in with the party atmosphere. Would be nice to see them in the championship. 

Edited by Miffed
  • Like 3