Garry Monk post match comments

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Bruce....was in no rush to join us, couldn't wait to leave, now a distant memory. 

Iorfa is a good player in this league, to get promoted we probably need another dozen like him. Yet we plod on with the overpaid has beens and never will be's. We had one stand out player this season, couldn't wait to leave.

All Monk's fault.

Bannan wants to leave?! Oh, ffs, I thought he was staying.

6 hours ago, cookeh said:

You seem to have missed how thin our squad will be once the season ends.

Borukov would be our 2nd most senior striker. Let that sink in for a second.
A guy with a good record for the youth sides, no starts, but good enough for the bench.
that's a crap position to be in.. and now we're in the worse position that that!

You seem to have missed the fact that there will be a transfer window between now and next season

7 hours ago, Ronson said:

Monks trying to rebuild and whilst doing so has us competing and not playing too badly, certainly an improvement on pre covid. He needs cutting some slack IMHO.

Agreed .. he was never my first choice but given what he’s had to deal with on and off the pitch he’s doing (and done)  ok . 
And that’s most we as fans can and should expect for now 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ian said:

You seem to have missed the fact that there will be a transfer window between now and next season

Well considering that a) we don't know whether we will be under an embargo following the current EFL case and b) we are also late with this year's accounts, which might present further P&S problems regardless of the EFL case anyway... then I wouldn't pin too much hope, as things currently stand, on a fruitful transfer window.

I’m still behind Monk regardless of what happens in these last few games.

This club needs a clear out and he is doing it. I don’t think anyone can argue with his team selections since we have returned except perhaps the selection of Rhodes, Reach and Odubajo. (although there was very limited options when he played)

I was angry when Pelupessy got a new contract, but it is clear he will just be a back up player. 

What Monk needs is his own coaching staff and not to be hindered by a spineless squad, this summer is his chance to change this. If he fails next season, that will be his time to go.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, GLOwl said:

Bannan wants to leave?! Oh, ffs, I thought he was staying.

9 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You’ve been watching a different team to me mate. 

I knew you weren't a Wednesdayite, I think I've uncovered a truffle hunter!

9 hours ago, Tommo_ said:

Monk isn't the problem, this system he's implemented works a lot better when your forwards aren't hapless in front of goal. 

Find a system that works...keep upgrading the players and coaches...not exactly rocket science. 3-5-2 works we just need to get the players in to help us progress. Some young hungry players ad pace throughout the team...there you go piece ofpiss lol

9 hours ago, Sheff74 said:

Well considering that a) we don't know whether we will be under an embargo following the current EFL case and b) we are also late with this year's accounts, which might present further P&S problems regardless of the EFL case anyway... then I wouldn't pin too much hope, as things currently stand, on a fruitful transfer window.

Right we are NOT LATE WITH THIS SEASONS accounts. Stating facts would be helpful. 

12 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Right we are NOT LATE WITH THIS SEASONS accounts. Stating facts would be helpful. 

Ok.  Is that because the period is extended to end of July again?  If so, when do we need to submit them by?

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The accounts submittal period was extended to the end of this month. So we have till err the end of this month to submit them by

Can't wait.  Let's see what joy's the behold this year. 😕

1 minute ago, Sheff74 said:

Can't wait.  Let's see what joy's the behold this year. 😕

They will show that we are losing money - like every other club in the Championship. The clear out that is coming needed to happen a few years ago. There will be a huge difference in the wages column for the 20/21 accounts that is a given

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, alanharper said:

P8Yi1in.gif.58e6a292cf2d7d5389526f73d0159041.gif

Ooh, I love Blackadder, especially the Go Forth series.

BTW, have you seen knockaert play lately? Fulham aren't too keen on him. Five years ago he was brilliant, not so now.

Oxford, Cambridge and Hull....