Top marks for Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk

9 hours ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Let's hope we beat WBA, then the 'Monk haters' may be less evident.

No doubt they’ll claim that we would have beaten WBA more convincingly had Monk not been in charge !

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fair play to him! Nice to see a positive story for a change. 

This we won "hes great" we lost "monk out" swing has to change. We are a very average team in a very average league. Nothing more nothing less. 

Next season once he has had a summer to refresh the squad then we can begin to judge him but even then its probably too early. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-06-29 at 21.46.41.jpg

Pic : Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk working with The Geoff Horsfield Foundation to help homeless and vulnerable adults

Looks like our manager quietly gets out and about helping those who so desperately need it in their time of need

So great to see. Well done Garry Monk

The Geoff Horsfield foundation provide quality, safe accommodation for vulnerable adults & helping other people in the community where they can

Follow them here - https://twitter.com/Geoff_Hors_Foun

Not socially distancing in that photo

#COVIDIOT

he has certainly been charitable this season by giving so many other teams 3 points.

i wish we were homeless then we wouldn’t lose as many games there.

etc etc 

11 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

It took only 2 replies.

"Quick fellas, there's something slightly positive about Monk. Hit it with a shoe. Set it on fire. ANYTHING."

:dry:

couldn’t agree more.

Even if you had a downer on Monk.....after hours working with young, homeless adults is a difficult one - Monk needs to be praised for whatever he does. Others leading names in sport, politics, whatever who can influence/support should also take this up.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

'Monk Haters' v 'Monk Lovers' you are both in a minority.

Most Wednesday fans have a confidence in Monk that fluctuate between probably 30-70%. 

After 3 wins in 16, we're nearer the 30%, questioning if he's got the ability to do this while balancing into the equation that the club is on a downward slope caused by thinks well out of Monk's control and any manager is going to need some time!

So after a positive re-start my confidence has risen, probably to 40-50%. 

I'm desperate for him to do well.

Why in some peoples eyes is this a bad thing? 

Edited by briggowl
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I really hope our supporters start to realise what a top young manager we've got

Can't see it mind

If he carries on winning games and overhauls the squad successfully I will start to realise hes a top young manager. This story shows he's a decent person with a social conscience and it's great to see him getting involved in a very worthwhile charity, but that doesn't make him a top young manager. 

14 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Warnock weeds out the arseholes in a club - legend 

Monk weeds out the arseholes in club - get rid crap man manager 

Totally agree with the sentiment, but in my experience Warnock never weeded out arseholes on the pitch, he actively looked to sign them & then encouraged them to be even bigger arseholes.  ( Not to mention his right hand man).

Like I said though, I appreciate what you're getting at.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

The-Walking-Dead-Zombies.jpg

I honestly don't care if they stick around

When they pop into threads to say hello, It's like watching the Walking Dead zombies staggering round the streets...

"Gaaaaaaaarrryyyyy Mooooooonnnkk is rubbbbbbiiiiiiiiish"

"Heeeee aaaaaallllwwwaaaaayyyys faaaaallllls ouuuut wiiiith plaaaaaaayyyeeerrrrs"

"Hiiiis traaaaacckk recooooooord shooowwwwwwss noooooo successssss"

lol

Always wondered what happened to Big Guns & his pals.

6 minutes ago, Nut said:

If he carries on winning games and overhauls the squad successfully I will start to realise hes a top young manager. This story shows he's a decent person with a social conscience and it's great to see him getting involved in a very worthwhile charity, but that doesn't make him a top young manager. 

Was anyone else reading the bits in green thinking "I bet any minute now there's a 'BUT' coming.."?

lol

People just can't help it can they?

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, Nut said:

If ANYONE could have sorted this squad out in the space of 9 months having had no preseason, none of his own staff, very little money, a points deduction hanging over your head and poison in the dressing room, he would have been a miracle worker never mind a top young manager. Faults he may have but he's been dealt a C**p hand.

• Love 2

20 minutes ago, briggowl said:

'Monk Haters' v 'Monk Lovers' you are both in a minority.

Most Wednesday fans have a confidence in Monk that fluctuate between probably 30-70%. 

After 3 wins in 16, we're nearer the 30%, questioning if he's got the ability to do this while balancing into the equation that the club is on a downward slope caused by thinks well out of Monk's control and any manager is going to need some time!

So after a positive re-start my confidence has risen, probably to 40-50%. 

I'm desperate for him to do well.

Why in some peoples eyes is this a bad thing? 

Very well observed mate & well put.

Excellent. 

My percentage 'appreciation' dipped hugely after he tinkered with the defence with disastrous results but then recovered dramatically with his formation & selection recently.

I keep an open mind which most managers would be more than happy with.

Opinions don't have to be either totally black or totally white.  

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, doubleo said:

If ANYONE could have sorted this squad out in the space of 9 months having had no preseason, none of his own staff, very little money, a points deduction hanging over your head and poison in the dressing room, he would have been a miracle worker never mind a top young manager. Faults he may have but he's been dealt a C**p hand.

Agreed. I hope he does become a top young manager but he isn't one yet. 

35 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Was anyone else reading the bits in green thinking "I bet any minute now there's a 'BUT' coming.."?

lol

People just can't help it can they?

So was I wrong to say 'BUT' then? Do you think supporting a homeless charity makes Monk a top young manager? 

11 minutes ago, Nut said:

Agreed. I hope he does become a top young manager but he isn't one yet. 

2 minutes ago, Nut said:

So was I wrong to say 'BUT' then? Do you think supporting a homeless charity makes Monk a top young manager? 

Imagine going into a thread about Garry Monk doing work for vulnerable people and wanting to post things like this tho...

Seriously...

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Imagine going into a thread about Garry Monk doing work for vulnerable people and wanting to post things like this tho...

Seriously...

Imagine reading a post about our manager doing work for vulnerable people then the very next post saying 'I hope our fans start to realise what a top young manager we have' then someone pointing out the 2 things aren't connected by using the word 'BUT' and someone picking a fight over it with a smarmy, sarcy comment.

Really