Top marks for Sheffield Wednesday manager Garry Monk

30 minutes ago, Nut said:

Imagine reading a post about our manager doing work for vulnerable people then the very next post saying 'I hope our fans start to realise what a top young manager we have' then someone pointing out the 2 things aren't connected by using the word 'BUT' and someone picking a fight over it with a smarmy, sarcy comment.

Really

Keep on nipping into threads about managers doing charity work to keep posting how he's not a top young manager tho

It's the equivalent of standing next to someone in the street collecting for Oxfam and slagging them off to everyone who wants to walk up to put a quid in their bucket

lol

I'll keep supporting him

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Keep on nipping into threads about managers doing charity work to keep posting how he's not a top young manager tho

It's the equivalent of standing next to someone in the street collecting for Oxfam slagging them off to everyone who walks up to put a quid in their bucket

lol

I'll keep supporting him

This is the only thread I've nipped into about Monk. I do suport him. I also know the difference between doing charity work and being a good football manager which is the point you don't  appear to be able to grasp. Can you provide any examples of what Monk has consistently achieved as a football manager to support the statement he is 'a top young manager' or do we just judge him on his charity work? 

When you say 'it is the equivalent of....' it isn't really is it? You've just made that up as a smarmy, sarcy way of trying to win the argument.

14 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Such a bizarre debate this.

First you slate Monk then you make stuff up

lol

I didn't slate Monk. You posted an article about his charity work. The very next poster said he hoped we"d realise what a top young manager we've got. I said I would realise this if he carries on winning games and overhauls the squad, that he was a decent person and it was great to see him getting involved in charity work but that doesn't make him a top young manager. I quoted the original post to save any confusion. I don't see what his charity work has to do with being a good manager. If someone had said doing charity work made him a carp manager I would have also posted that I didn't agree with that as the two things aren't connected. I haven't slated Monk (quote me where I have) and I haven't made anything up. Just because I don't think he's a top manager doesn't mean I think he's poo. That's two posts in a row where you've 'made stuff up'. 

1 minute ago, Nut said:

I didn't slate Monk. You posted an article about his charity work. The very next poster said he hoped we"d realise what a top young manager we've got. I said I would realise this if he carries on winning games and overhauls the squad, that he was a decent person and it was great to see him getting involved in charity work but that doesn't make him a top young manager. I quoted the original post to save any confusion. I don't see what his charity work has to do with being a good manager. If someone had said doing charity work made him a carp manager I would have also posted that I didn't agree with that as the two things aren't connected. I haven't slated Monk (quote me where I have) and I haven't made anything up. Just because I don't think he's a top manager doesn't mean I think he's poo. That's two posts in a row where you've 'made stuff up'. 

Fair enough mate 
I just find it odd that with all the threads criticising Monk for his footballing decisions/career that you'd fall over yourself to post how he's not a top young manager in a thread that's about Monk doing something noble and nice

That's all

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fair enough mate 
I just find it odd that with all the threads criticising Monk for his footballing decisions/career that you'd fall over yourself to post how he's not a top young manager in a thread that's about Monk doing something noble and nice

That's all

Fair enough.

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Fair enough mate 

That's all

Fair enough. I wasn't falling over myself. If the thread had stayed a positive story about his charity work I wouldn't have commented as I did but the very first post changed it into a thread about his managerial capabilities which is why I posted.

It would be so much better if everyone got behind him and gave him a chance to sort the mess out. 

• Love 1

16 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I knew when I posted this positive thread that it would happen and they'd come on the attack

Thing is it doesn't bother me anymore

I pity them. 

Imagine living with that much hate in your heart every day

It must be all consuming.. overwhelming....

I feel sorry for people who have that amount of hate in them.

I takes over their lives and can be very dangerous, both to themselves and other people.

5 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Subtlety, detail and nuance are endangered species in the age of superficiality.

Very nicely put Sir.

Years & years ago around the time of the 8k lowest crowd so comments echoed around

Can't remember who, but someone was having a mare. The crowd had been getting on his back ( still happened in those days but minus the twitter twa*s).  

Anyway, this player's getting annihilated, his confidence is totally shot which in turn is making him play even worse. He get's the ball, loses the ball, and MR Gobsh*te here, thinking he's being hilariously funny & ironic. " Get some confidence you useless fuc*er".

Absolute silence, no one got it, except one person, everyone else just staring at me, one says "Slagging him off won't help".

I say "No mate, I wasn't REALLY slagging him, I was being ironic. You know, he's playing cr*p, short of confidence so I shout "Get some confidence you useless F" which will make him even less confident. Do you get it, it was like , you know like ironic".

He didn't get the SUBTLETY of my 'joke', didn't understand the DETAIL of what I was getting at and didn't appreciate the NUANCE of my beautifully timed delivery.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

Hootie’s caused some reyt bother in this thread.

Hit and Run, too.

Unintentional, been busy in the garden all afternoon mate

Now relaxing with the wife watching a film called Ocean's 8

We're about 10 minutes in, and it's a bit shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh t, up to now

• Haha 1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.