Player Of The Season 2019/20

It is what it is. The clue is in the name.

Fletcher needs the Hubble space telescope to be able to see the runner-up.

But if you'd rather have a tantrum and give it someone else because he didn't promise to love us for ever and ever, there's not much I can do about that.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

It is what it is. The clue is in the name.

Fletcher needs the Hubble space telescope to be able to see the runner-up.

But if you'd rather have a tantrum and give it someone else because he didn't promise to love us for ever and ever, there's not much I can do about that.

Under normal circumstances I would agree without a shadow of a doubt.  Whether this classes as a tantrum I don’t know, but his decision not to finish the season with us when there is such a lot to play for is something I can’t forgive.  

It will be interesting to see which club is willing to take a chance on Fletcher next season.  I’m assuming he already has something lined up, otherwise he may have been more inclined to stick around.

In reality this is simple.

the goalies have all been rubbish

the defenders have conceded stupid goals and have lacked consistency

the midfield have been injured, poor

strikers useless with one exception.

fletcher.

only if Nuhiu has a run from now is that under threat.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

Under normal circumstances I would agree without a shadow of a doubt.  Whether this classes as a tantrum I don’t know, but his decision not to finish the season with us when there is such a lot to play for is something I can’t forgive.  

It will be interesting to see which club is willing to take a chance on Fletcher next season.  I’m assuming he already has something lined up, otherwise he may have been more inclined to stick around.

Under normal circumstances there would be no such scenario. 

Given his age and how injury prone he is, he would be daft to jeopardise his chances of signing a longer term contract. Common sense decision from him. He was never going to sign a short term deal with us, and nor should he. 

When everyone around him was plodding along, Fletcher worked his arris off. So it's a bit embarassing if he gets dog's abuse over a common sense decision. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Given his age and how injury prone he is, he would be daft to jeopardise his chances of signing a longer term contract. Common sense decision from him. He was never going to sign a short term deal with us, and nor should he. 

When everyone around him was plodding along, Fletcher worked his arris off. So it's a bit embarassing if he gets dog's abuse over a common sense decision. 

Call me embarrassing but no way Im voting for someone who has chosen not to play for us

and yes he wouldve won it

1 minute ago, unkastav said:

Call me embarrassing but no way Im voting for someone who has chosen not to play for us

and yes he wouldve won it

In his shoes, would you risk your career over an extra month of pay? I know I wouldn't.

Don't vote for him, that's fine. Just understand that he's not at all responsible for the position the club finds itself in today. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, bobness said:

I would never give him abuse over his decision, he’s worked hard as you say and at the end of the day it’s only a game.  Having said that, his actions still leave a bitter taste.  If he has to wrap himself in cotton wool to that extent (and maybe he does) then I’m fascinated to find out which club will take a chance on him next season.

Maybe I’m being unfair, but I expected more from Fletcher.  I forget sometimes what an utterly selfish game professional football is.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, bobness said:

In his shoes, would you risk your career over an extra month of pay? I know I wouldn't.

Don't vote for him, that's fine. Just understand that he's not at all responsible for the position the club finds itself in today. 

Yep I agree. My point is he isnt one of us anymore. Therefore in my eyes we move on and vote for a Wednesday player

• Like 1

Guest Ronson
3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I honestly think Steven '6 minutes in the last match' Fletcher will win it

Well he did get a 5/10 for his 6 minutes.😀