Player Of The Season 2019/20

7 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Well, I can definitely agree that Gary Fletcher should be nowhere near the trophy.

However, the question remains. Who has been a better player for us this season than Steven Fletcher? That is after all, the only purpose of the award. When you come up with the honest answer, the decision makes itself.

Taking your flawed argument to its extreme, Player A plays the 1st 2 games of the season, plays really well, scoring a brace in both 2 nil wins, breakhis leg or moves elsewhere  

A player, seemingly ditching us, in a relegation battle, it's a no from me 

7 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Taking your flawed argument to its extreme, Player A plays the 1st 2 games of the season, plays really well, scoring a brace in both 2 nil wins, breakhis leg or moves elsewhere  

'Extreme' you say? You weren't kidding. Your scenario has the Player of the Season not playing after the second game. Whenever that level of exaggeration and silliness is involved, I think it is it's own commentary about the credibility of the overall argument.

The award is for the player who has had the biggest and most consistent impact on our season. Fletcher wins that hands down at this point.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

'Extreme' you say? You weren't kidding. Your scenario has the Player of the Season not playing after the second game. Whenever that level of exaggeration and silliness is involved, I think it is it's own commentary about the credibility of the overall argument.

The award is for the player who has had the biggest and most consistent impact on our season. Fletcher wins that hands down at this point.

How arrogant to suggest, that everyone uses the same criteria as you.

Many fans would not vote for a player, that seemingly had bailed on us, to safe guard a move away. 

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Many fans would not vote for a player, that seemingly had bailed on us, to safe guard a move away. 

PLAYER OF THE SEASON.

It's not my criteria. It's not arrogant. It's actually very, very straightforward.

Who has been a better player for Sheffield Wednesday this season?

When you honestly answer that question, then the player who deserves the award becomes clear.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Of course there's not an ounce of irony here to see

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

PLAYER OF THE SEASON.

It's not my criteria. It's not arrogant. It's actually very, very straightforward.

Who has been a better player for Sheffield Wednesday this season?

When you honestly answer that question, then the player who deserves the award becomes clear.

How difficult is for you to understand that fans may use different criteria than you to pick the POTS? 

It doesn't matter, if you understand it, fans do. Many like me wouldn't choose Fletcher, iorfa for me.

Have you ever known a poll be 100%.  It's not Fletcher for me and many others, we're not wrong, just don't agree with you 

Just now, zzmdu said:

How difficult is for you to understand that fans may use different criteria than you to pick the POTS? 

It doesn't matter, if you understand it, fans do. Many like me wouldn't choose Fletcher, iorfa for me.

Have you ever known a poll be 100%.  It's not Fletcher for me and many others, we're not wrong, just don't agree with you 

He ran over your toes in the car park with his 500 grand Aston when you were after Larry May's Autograph werent you ?

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Ah, you're changing the terms now? OK.

At no point, until just now, did you make a case for someone being more deserving of the award purely on merit. Had you done, I would have disagreed, but would not have had a major issue with it. Free choice and all that. I never suggested a unanimous verdict, but I'm wearily accustomed to those kinds of straw man defences.

Instead, you had repeatedly stated your outrage at Fletcher winning it, solely on the basis of him declining a short term contract extension. And it is quite clear that was the basis of my objection as it did not meet the definition of the award's name.

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

Ah, you're changing the terms now? OK.

At no point, until just now, did you make a case for someone being more deserving of the award purely on merit. Had you done, I would have disagreed, but would not have had a major issue with it. Free choice and all that. I never suggested a unanimous verdict, but I'm wearily accustomed to those kinds of straw man defences.

Instead, you had repeatedly stated your outrage at Fletcher winning it, solely on the basis of him declining a short term contract extension. And it is quite clear that was the basis of my objection as it did not meet the definition of the award's name.

I haven't expressed outrage once at anyone suggesting Fletcher for POTS, let alone repeatedly. 

You've just made this up.

Slight issue with some posts suggesting there is a set criteria (theirs), for deciding on this. And therefore it has to be Fletcher.

For me & others it's not Fletcher. Deal with it, you big baby 😥

Sorry, I must have misinterpreted all of this as someone who not only thought Iorfa had performed better but offered a technical breakdown of why but ultimately really wasn't all that bothered about the prospect of someone else winning it...

On 27/06/2020 at 21:56, zzmdu said:

Player of the Season being given to a player who won't see the season out, due to financial reasons,  when we may face relegation 

Are you on crack?

23 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Have you played for a football team at whatever level?

Imagine you're in a relegation battle, & during an impromptu break, one of the top performers leaves, for a better offer next season  & doesn't turn out for the team again.

Player of the Season, Foff.

22 hours ago, zzmdu said:

It's not his, Sorry.

A player who won't agree to extend his contract til season end, whilst we're potentially facing a relegation battle,

Player of the Season????  

21 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Wow, Our club is mid table, but potentially facing a points deduction, which would send us into a relegation battle.

This player who has has taken c8mil in wages, for little return, has decided to bail when we need him the most,for more cash.

Yep, let's give him POTS.

21 hours ago, zzmdu said:

Gary Fletcherl will have 2-5 million in the bank.

He has decided, NOT to  agree a 1 month extension, to help us stay in the division. 

Yep Player of the Season.

13 hours ago, zzmdu said:

A player, seemingly ditching us, in a relegation battle, it's a no from me 

5 hours ago, zzmdu said: