Player Of The Season 2019/20

I've voted for Fletcher, yeah I'm not too happy about him jumping ship now. But for THIS season, he has been our best player, his goals have been crucial for us.

Shame its ended the way it has but I think its safe to say that loyalty from footballers to clubs died a long time ago.

• Like 1

On 27/06/2020 at 23:32, zzmdu said:

It's not his, Sorry.

A player who won't agree to extend his contract til season end, whilst we're potentially facing a relegation battle,

Player of the Season????  

His contract ends tomorrow...signed as per.

I voted Fletcher. When available he's been extremely consistent over the season and without his goals we'd be right in it. It's a real shame how his Wednesday career has ended as I think on the whole he's been a good player for us.

I'm not a fan but I suspect Fox will be up there. Perhaps only Iorfa and Bannan come anywhere close to these two with regards to consistency. Borner and Harris have had their moments and had Luongo played more I'm sure he would've been in the mix?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I voted Fletcher. When available he's been extremely consistent over the season and without his goals we'd be right in it. It's a real shame how his Wednesday career has ended as I think on the whole he's been a good player for us.

I'm not a fan but I suspect Fox will be up there. Perhaps only Iorfa and Bannan come anywhere close to these two with regards to consistency. Borner and Harris have had their moments and had Luongo played more I'm sure he would've been in the mix?

I agree. Fletcher wins by a distance from Iorfa, then probably Borner, Fox and Murphy. Bannan continues to be playing within himself a bit for my liking, although the team around him has made it difficult for him to be at his best. It is a bummer the way it's come to an end with Fletcher but overall it's not like he hasn't put in the work and has steadily improved since he got here. 

Shame how things have ended with Fletcher, but the club needs to cut its cloth accordingly and he believes he can better elsewhere.

That's the way of things. 

But at the start of the season he was our stand out best player. Had it not been for the injury I think there is little doubt he'd have beaten his own personal best goals season. 

Depending on the EFL trial it still might be that his goals play a huge part in keeping us up.