Player Of The Season 2019/20

On 26/06/2020 at 21:02, DJMortimer said:

It is what it is. The clue is in the name.

Fletcher needs the Hubble space telescope to be able to see the runner-up.

But if you'd rather have a tantrum and give it someone else because he didn't promise to love us for ever and ever, there's not much I can do about that.

Player of the Season being given to a player who won't see the season out, due to financial reasons,  when we may face relegation 

Are you on crack?

11 hours ago, sonofbert2 said:

Fletcher.

The End.

Have you played for a football team at whatever level?

Imagine you're in a relegation battle, & during an impromptu break, one of the top performers leaves, for a better offer next season  & doesn't turn out for the team again.

Player of the Season, Foff.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Have you played for a football team at whatever level?

Imagine you're in a relegation battle, & during an impromptu break, one of the top performers leaves, for a better offer next season  & doesn't turn out for the team again.

Player of the Season, Foff.

I have.  Shiteplayer but decent manager.

I get what you’re saying but this isn’t a normal season.  

Up until last week it’s his.  I guess there’s time for someone else to nick it who actually, truly givesafuck but up until then it’s his, he deserves it.  Sorry.

31 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

I have.  Shiteplayer but decent manager.

I get what you’re saying but this isn’t a normal season.  

Up until last week it’s his.  I guess there’s time for someone else to nick it who actually, truly givesafuck but up until then it’s his, he deserves it.  Sorry.

It's not his, Sorry.

A player who won't agree to extend his contract til season end, whilst we're potentially facing a relegation battle,

Player of the Season????  

1 hour ago, zzmdu said:

Player of the Season being given to a player who won't see the season out, due to financial reasons,  when we may face relegation 

Are you on crack?

The clue is in the name - 'player of the season'. No one has come close to making the difference Fletcher has.

If there's another trophy for 'nicest man of the year' or 'the extra mile award' then you can fill your boots complaining about it.

Edited by DJMortimer

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

The clue is in the name - 'player of the season'. No one has come close to making the difference Fletcher has.

If there's another trophy for 'nicest man of the year' or 'the extra mile award' then you can fill your boots complaining about it.

Wow, 

Our club is mid table, but potentially facing a points deduction, which would send us into a relegation battle.

This player who has has taken c8mil in wages, for little return, has decided to bail when we need him the most,for more cash.

Yep, let's give him POTS.

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Wow, 

Our club is mid table, but potentially facing a points deduction, which would send us into a relegation battle.

This player who has has taken c8mil in wages, for little return, has decided to bail when we need him the most,for more cash.

Yep, let's give him POTS.

The concept of 'player of the season' seems quite a simple one to me with no room for personal interpretations. If Fletcher hasn't met that definition, then who has? Should we also congratulate Jacob Murphy for being top scorer while we're at it? Or if he doesn't sign an extension does that pass to Atdhe Nuhiu?

Edited by DJMortimer

Just now, DJMortimer said:

The concept of 'player of the season' seems quite a simple one to me with no room for personal interpretations. If Fletcher hasn't met that definition, then who has? Should we also congratulate Jacob Murphy for being top scorer while we're at it?

Gary Fletcherl will have 2-5 million in the bank.

He has decided, NOT to  agree a 1 month extension, to help us stay in the division. 

Yep Player of the Season.

21 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Gary Fletcherl will have 2-5 million in the bank.

He has decided, NOT to  agree a 1 month extension, to help us stay in the division. 

Yep Player of the Season.

Well, I can definitely agree that Gary Fletcher should be nowhere near the trophy.

However, the question remains. Who has been a better player for us this season than Steven Fletcher? That is after all, the only purpose of the award. When you come up with the honest answer, the decision makes itself.

It'd have to be Fletcher for me.

Ok, this is a bit of a b*locks at the end. But he's been the best for me.

And if, I know it's at big if, if his injury is genuine. 

Be harsh to forget everything else he's done this season. 

• Like 1

Just a bloke. Being dragged along in a world that moves too quick for it's own good.