THE EFL HEARING THREAD

So we're losing 4 million a month? On what? Loads of big earners have now gone. We've got Rhodes, Bannan, Harris, Iorfa, Lees, Harris plus other younger players who have come through. If our squad is costing over 4million a month then no club can survive surely. Or am I missing summat? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Can I lob a grenade into the conversation.

There's always the possibility of playing at Bramhall Lane........wouldn't be the first time we played there ( pre Olive Grove ).

Ground share or rent each match.

I know some of you just exploded with the idea but it's a possibility whilst we get our own financial  house in order.

Any takers.? 

We would be better off playing at Chessy ground, it will be cheaper and they would get better crowds, saving us money and making them some and it would be so funny to see DC and Deadly Dave talking about who can run a football club better. One has taken his team down 3 division in 5 years the other has wasted in excess of £100m to have a worse team. lower in the league and be homeless.lol

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

So HMRC and the SFO are investigating the club? 

I've no idea, just asking the question.

Seems strange that the company that purchased the ground wasn't incorporated until 11 months after the sale.

There may be a perfectly good explaination, it's just I don't what it is. Hence the question.

Guest Mcguigan
Just now, latemodelchild said:

So we're losing 4 million a month? On what? Loads of big earners have now gone. We've got Rhodes, Bannan, Harris, Iorfa, Lees, Harris plus other younger players who have come through. If our squad is costing over 4million a month then no club can survive surely. Or am I missing summat? 

We're not.

3 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

There was something on Twitter yesterday that the present squad is paid 17m a year. 

18m will be the limit if the wage ceiling comes into force.

Edited by Inspector Lestrade

Just now, Mcguigan said:

I've no idea, just asking the question.

Seems strange that the company that purchased the ground wasn't incorporated until 11 months after the sale.

There may be a perfectly good explaination, it's just I don't what it is. Hence the question.

The accounts have been signed off as a true record by HMRC hence no criminal charges. The backdating of the sale of the ground is not against accountancy rules and well to do individuals often stand up companies to move assets around in business it's nothing new. 

Guest Grandad
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's pretty much solely used by Uberfans though to be fair mate

that and 

'you lot on here'
'just another stick to beat the club with'
'just another  stick to beat the chairman with' 

'none of you go to games'

and all the other UBerfan cliches 

And "Agenda against the Chairman"

19 minutes ago, striker said:

For his many faults, as someone who acted so honourably during the lockdown re employees involved with furlough scheme for example, doesnt sound like we're likely to be put into administration.

Whether DC has lost interest and may seek an exit once EFL case is concluded, could be a possibility. 

Didn't seem bothered after Bruce left, looked pissed off to be here when unveiling Monk and we haven't seen or heard from him since.

I don’t blame him re. Bruce, proper ********’strick given his conditions when he started.

Senior pros, part of his “family”, also pulled proper ********’stricks last month or so....

Hopefully he’s learned his lesson.

Guest Mcguigan
3 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

The accounts have been signed off as a true record by HMRC hence no criminal charges. The backdating of the sale of the ground is not against accountancy rules and well to do individuals often stand up companies to move assets around in business it's nothing new. 

Thanks for the reply but still, how did he sell the ground before 31st July 2018 to a company that wasn't even incorporated until  late June 2019?

A company must surely exist before it can actually, legally purchase something.

7 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Leccy bill?

You’ve got to love it on here. Rumours of points deductions and administration and some are all over it like a rash and the pitchforks are out.

Anyone suggests we’ll get found not guilty and deducted nothing and they get called from a pig to a dog?

DC must be regretting the day he bought the club and subsequently inheriting us fans as customers? 🙄

Edited by Jim
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Mcguigan said:

Thanks for the reply but still, how did he sell the ground before 31st July 2018 to a company that wasn't even incorporated until  late June 2019?

A company must surely exist before it can actually, legally purchase something.

There are numerous ways round that i.e. purchase it for a private individual then transfer it to a holding company