THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest Grandad
4 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I always try and deal with facts - he has openly stated he is in it for the long run and that at the time money wasn't an issue. There is only 1 person who knows what the club is worth to DC and that is DC himself.

I will begin to get worried if he states that he is no longer interested and to this point he has said nothing of the sort. The bedwetting is cringeworthy and we just need to wait and see what the IDP verdict is.

Its not bedwetting

Its discussing feasible options that exist. Some are great, some are awful

Just because you don't agree doesnt stop the reasons and the discussion being feasible.

Guest Grandad
Just now, Kopparberg said:

Didn’t the chairman once say that he would put the club up for sale, at a fans meeting a while back? 

Dec 2018

17 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

So the club would be homeless 

Can I lob a grenade into the conversation.

There's always the possibility of playing at Bramhall Lane........wouldn't be the first time we played there ( pre Olive Grove ).

Ground share or rent each match.

I know some of you just exploded with the idea but it's a possibility whilst we get our own financial  house in order.

Any takers.? 

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Its not bedwetting

Its discussing feasible options that exist. Some are great, some are awful

Just because you don't agree doesnt stop the reasons and the discussion being feasible.

Remember....

Bedwetting....

One of the cliche phrases from the UBERFANS

• Haha 2

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Mcguigan
8 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

That would be fraudulent as the sale has been ratified. If we are going to speculate lets look at the facts properly here. 

The Chairman bashers (not aimed at you) have said that he cooked the books which he clearly has not. So how would he null and void a ratified sale? 

Maybe you'll know the answer to a question I keep posing then. 

How did he sell the ground before 31st July 2018 to a company that wasn't even incorporated until  late June 2019?

If not cooking the books, surely bringing to a simmer?

12 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Good point. Isn't he losing almost 4 million a month at the moment?

Given the clubs probably only worth around 20 million it's easy to see why administration could be considered an attractive option.

With Fessi, Fletcher, Winnall, Lee, Nuihu, Hutchinson, Da Cruz, Wickham, Murphy, Bates, Jones, 

That's probably in the region of a £10m a season saving on salaries, if Rhodes and Westwood leave that another £3m - £13m off the likely losses this season of £20m ish.

Yes some of the above need to be replace but other than Fletcher & Murphys goals not a lot of anything else from the others. They could have contributed a lot more but the manager has deem them to either not be involved or play reduced minutes.

As such in the next 6 weeks we need to look to move on any player not resigned to a longer deal so Lees, Bannan, Odabajo, Reach, JVA - we cannot afford to have any more player we have paid fees for or invest vast sums of wages on to leave on frees.

Had Fessi, Winnall, Westwood, Hutchinson Bates, Jones left in January, as since then they have barely play any games between them, the club would now be about £3m better of with less wages. Things like this are the reason fans rightly ask why do we never sell, loan, release players not wanted or needed. 

1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Any takers.? 

No, but in reality, if we were expecting 20000 gates in our new post-Hillsborough era, that's realistically the only feasible  local option.

Guest Mcguigan
2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

Dec 2018

The same meeting he stated we would be posting eight figures losses in the 17/18 accounts.

1 minute ago, Captain Scarlett said:

There's always the possibility of playing at Bramhall Lane........wouldn't be the first time we played there ( pre Olive Grove ).

I know some of you just exploded with the idea but it's a possibility whilst we get our own financial  house in order.

Any takers.? 

tenor.gif.8985b0ee5f2334cf6c9394d8cf50418b.gif

• Haha 4

It comes to something that we can even discuss leaving our home of 120 years (which we owned for 118 of those years) because we cannot or may not want to pay the rent on it for the next few decades, all to pay for a single day trip to Wembley which we lost anyway.

Could be be any more small-time than right now?  

1 minute ago, Manwë said:

No, but in reality, if we were expecting 20000 gates in our new post-Hillsborough era, that's realistically the only feasible  local option.

A combined Wednesday and blunts mega stadium in attercliffe,as they probably would like to sell for building land....win-win, promoting cross-city harmony as well

Gets tin hat on

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

Any takers.? 

Can’t see any problem with that. We could dismantle it during a game. 

• Love 2

5 minutes ago, Mcguigan said:

Maybe you'll know the answer to a question I keep posing then. 

How did he sell the ground before 31st July 2018 to a company that wasn't even incorporated until  late June 2019?

If not cooking the books, surely bringing to a simmer?

So HMRC and the SFO are investigating the club? 

25 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Is there much chance that we haven't broken rules again? If it's a 3 year rolling process isn't it almost certain we will again be in breach?

There are allowable losses for youth development and other things but no one other than the EFL and the club knows the exact figure so we can only go on the filed.

accounts.

2016/17 was £20.8m loss, 2017/18 profit of £2.8m (with stadium sale of £37m profit), but this year was a 14 month period - over 12 months that loss without the stadium would have been around £30m, 2018/19 (the one due to be filed before next Friday) - if the loss is over £25m I think we have probably broke the limits again. If not then it a case of what happens with this season losses.

As next season 3 year rolling will be based on the accounts we have not filed yet, this season with what every the EFL do and next season budget.

You need a degree in algebra to understand where we are with the rules and how many season of points deductions and fines we could get as we have filed last season accounts yet, this season will finalised in the next week but then not filed for 9 months. If we are once again close to the limits do not expect to see any players signed until August and the start of the next accounts period.

Just now, soldierboyblue said:

Not the uber fans just someone who likes to deal in fact not conjecture. 

It's pretty much solely used by Uberfans though to be fair mate

that and 

'you lot on here'
'just another stick to beat the club with'
'just another  stick to beat the chairman with' 

'none of you go to games'

and all the other UBerfan cliches 

• Like 1

Owlstalk Shop