THE EFL HEARING THREAD

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I was told by someone I respect that we were going into Admin, isn’t usually far wrong ,  but turns out was this time 

There’s all kinds of nonsense getting peddled at minute 

I heard DC had threatened the EFL that’s what he’d do. That maybe is where the info came from. 

Quite what the EFL would say to him? Yeh go ahead, whatever ..........?

34 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

I heard DC had threatened the EFL that’s what he’d do. That maybe is where the info came from. 

Quite what the EFL would say to him? Yeh go ahead, whatever ..........?

Could be pal,  I think Grandad mentioned he had heard similar , think a few have heard along the same lines

14 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Not sure if this has been posted before on this thread. Barnsley recon they will sue the EFL if they go down

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/chairman-slams-cheating-derby-county-4340207

Exciting Times for Nick de Macos...

Can’t see what difference it makes to Barnsley if they finish bottom 

25 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Not sure if this has been posted before on this thread. Barnsley recon they will sue the EFL if they go down

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/football-news/chairman-slams-cheating-derby-county-4340207

Exciting Times for Nick de Macos...

barnsley are hoping that us. Derby. Brum and Wigan all get points deduction. 

the fact that they’re bottom for being the worse team in the league is irrelevant. 

• Haha 1

So we’re going to finish the season next week and none of the relegation spots may be confirmed due to ongoing EFL cases 

What a way to upheld the integrity of the competition 

Now seriously worried. 12 point deduction relegates us unless Wigan get 12 off too and we beat boro and Wigan lose. 

We haven't looked like a team that has been fighting for its life. If we have no idea what the punishment is then surely we'd just go out to win every game, fight tooth and nail for every point, scrap for everything. As it is, we've gone out and rolled over today after doing nowt against hudders. Spineless or already safe so on the beach? 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ANDY said:

barnsley are hoping that us. Derby. Brum and Wigan all get points deduction. 

the fact that they’re bottom for being the worse team in the league is irrelevant. 

Brum have been dealt with 

Derby won’t get enough deduction to relegate them

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So we’re going to finish the season next week and none of the relegation spots may be confirmed due to ongoing EFL cases 

What a way to upheld the integrity of the competition 

if the EFL want any points deductions to happen this season they will have to delay the start of the season

if we get a deduction we have two weeks to put in an appeal, so that's the beginning of August, a panel has to be convened, another month at least, so that's the beginning of September, another month at least for it to be heard, beginning of October, isn't that when the season is supposed to start at the latest

Meanwhile us and the team third from bottom cant plan anything or realistically sign many players

if the panel takes more than a month we are going to be into next season before a decision is made

as this cant realistically happen, any possible points deduction will be next season

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If we appeal the panel will be convened in record time and the hearing will be sped up so we know what's happening. Don't worry, the EFL won't let us squirm out of it if they get the initial result they want. 

Yeh, bet we see a different kind of approach all together to an appeal hearing , I’ve read the comments about points possibly been taken off next season but i don’t see it .. I think it will be this season 

2 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

I honestly think us and Derby are aware of whats coming. The efl was hoping we'd enough pts to survive a 9 or 12 pts deduction 

What gives you the impression anyone knows the result ??  

In this day and age there’s no chance whatsoever it would’ve been kept under wraps this long 

47 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If we appeal the panel will be convened in record time and the hearing will be sped up so we know what's happening. Don't worry, the EFL won't let us squirm out of it if they get the initial result they want. 

there is a time scale, for an appeal to be put in, for the panel to convened, then the evidence needs to be heard, we have already seen this hasn't exactly been a quick process, so legally i don't see how it can be rushed

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Yeh, bet we see a different kind of approach all together to an appeal hearing , I’ve read the comments about points possibly been taken off next season but i don’t see it .. I think it will be this season 

there is not enough time left for it to be this season, unless they leave us and the team third from bottom in complete limbo, and of course be difficult to publish a fixture list under those conditions as well 

Just now, the third man said:

there is not enough time left for it to be this season, unless they leave us and the team third from bottom in complete limbo 

Don’t be betting against that ,  this is the EFL mate ...  and yes am aware we’re waiting on the IDC ,  part of a process that the EFL are ultimately responsible for 

Like I said ,  some way of upholding the integrity of the competition, 1 game to go and its absolute carnage with no sign of a decision in sight