THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Guest gizowl
6 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't believe a word of that

The EFL aren't just sat there weeks later waiting for the phone to ring

NO chance

No way

This is why more questions need to be asked because the more you ask the weirder and murkier this gets

What is the mechanism?
Who's responsible for reporting back?
What's the maximum deadline/timeframe given to them to report the verdict back?
What's the hold up?
Why no communication?
Who is responsible at the EFL for overseeing this verdict coming back and how 'on it' are they to get this resolved?

etc etc

This is what the EFL are still deciding the useless 2hats

Just now, camffiti said:

After todays game, the EFL will have more info on how many points they need to deduct, to meet their desired outcome 

Probably have to wait until after Wednesday though ... Sh*tstorm Friday? 

Except....

The EFL aren't deciding how many points we will be deducted

Owlstalk Shop

27 minutes ago, snaykz said:

When was the last time we spent big money on a player? 

When was the last time we increased the wage budget from the previous season?

When was the last time we appointed an unknown foreign manager with no Championship experience?

Added to that, we sold Joao for a decent fee at the start of this season. 

Chansiri is clearly learning his lessons. Unfortunately, we are now paying for mistakes he made 3 or more years ago. 

Fact is, the reckless spending of previously has forced this upon us because we've had our backs against the wall. Two transfer embargoes have come and gone which demonstrate that clearly and it's not out of the question that another is looming. So it's premature to state with any authority that he's significantly changed his ways. I suppose we'll find out in the next few months.

20 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

See you don't KNOW that

You're just speculating

Like everyone else

And why?

Because nobody is asking the EFL/Club enough questions to really understand the situation 

I was told over a week ago the club knew the outcome. That came from 2 very trustworthy sources. 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

I was told over a week ago the club knew the outcome. That came from 2 very trustworthy sources. 

What do you think this outcome is?

Surely if they do know then it must be a relatively positive outcome given the lack of intensity to try and push for 3 points against an out of form Huddersfield? 

On 15/07/2020 at 16:56, sonofbert2 said:

Nobody is denying the problems but you are simply making stuff up.

We are no better or worse than any other club in this "arena" , some get lucky and some don't but most do it by spending loads of dough.

Football is broken and whatever you think of him it is NOT our Chairman's fault.

I don't worry too much about other clubs debts, or lack of them, that is up to them and their owners. Our owner is not responsible for their good or bad spending ethics, but he is responsible for ours and he has totally wasted well over £100M, nearer to £140M I reckon, not counting less than £20 worth of new talent that is still at the club. Combine that with the 50 plus players that have come and gone, kind of proves that he and his advisers know a lot more about how to waste money, than how to find good affordable footballers to improve Sheffield Wednesday.

3 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

What do you think this outcome is?

Surely if they do know then it must be a relatively positive outcome given the lack of intensity to try and push for 3 points against an out of form Huddersfield? 

Guilty I was told. . But God knows what’s happened since. 

Im guessing all sorts of threats of legal action etc - possibly an immediate appeal. 

But, as I said (before people pile on) this did come from v reliable sources. 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

Im guessing all sorts of threats of legal action etc - possibly an immediate appeal. 

If that's the case then why would it not be communicated out as the result?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

So the club know they have lost the case but do not know what the punishment is?

And the result has been leaked to you but hasn't found its way into the public domain at all?

Guest gizowl
4 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Probably wasn't a majority verdict judge Rinder demanding retrial. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So the club know they have lost the case but do not know what the punishment is?

And the result has been leaked to you but hasn't found its way into the public domain at all?

I don’t know mate, honestly. I believe what I was told - other than that I’ve no idea why nothing’s been made public. 

My GUESS is there’s an appeal ongoing and both sides have agreed not to comment. 

• Like 2