THE EFL HEARING THREAD

Various media reports claim that there may not be decision before the end of the season regarding the Derby hearing and any penalty will be applied to next season. I would suggest that should both clubs be found guilty, maybe we both get a deduction next season. 

Although, I still maintain that I don’t think we will get a penalty. 

9 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Who knows. I had a similar conversation with a Barnsley fan last week. As you say the ambition and belief does not appear to exist but whenever they are in the Championship they are only 1 good season away from the riches that would make a big return on the modest outlay at a club like theirs. Doesn't seem realistic but they aren't losing any money in the way they are currently structuring it and it probably didn't seem that realistic for clubs like Bournemouth, Burnley, Blackpool, Huddersfield etc. before they went up.

He also said you don't know what is going on behind the scenes in terms of corporate structure, who knows but I don't think they got involved with a 2nd/3rd division yo-yo club without a plan for financial gain somehow.

Maybe - their 18/19 promotion year accounts show a £4.8m loss. There's no reason not to believe they'll do this again next season in L1.

It won't be until 21/22 at the earliest that they will have the opportunity to go for the PL riches. The evidence from this season doesn't support this though.

24 minutes ago, BIG D said:

I work with a Barnsley fan and he cant stand their owners.  Absolutely minted and they have just let the club get relegated. 

What’s their game? Why did they buy Barnsley.

They’re definitely covering their @rses with this attack. 

Quite. 

They came up - again - and sold off half their team - again - and are struggling - again. 

Thing is, these guys are purportedly loaded and yet it is the same pattern as in previous seasons. Barnsley are a bigger club than Brentford, but you dont see Brentford sell half their squad every summer. They'll probably move on one or two for notable money and reinvest. 

I could be wrong, but these strike me as the type of owners who are quite happy to hide behind FFP as an excuse for under investment. Fair enough, if they went mad spending wise then it would probably come back to haunt them, but there's no real excuse for the Dingles remaining a yoyo club. 

It sort of sums them up when their masterplan for survival is hoping others get hit with a points deduction. Even if we do get one, I dont see how that's likely to save Barnsley.

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, Brissy-owl said:

My response was merely based on the fact that IF we are found guilty dont beat around the bush because it will relegate us just punish it and make it hurt the chairman for his mistakes, I was replying to somebody's comment on the basis that IF we are found guilty...

My thoughts exactly, guilty is guilty, we broke the rules so punish us, learn from it and move on

Your quote above has no IF in it !!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, sage owl said:

£500 Per night  pp for evening meal bed & breakfast, drinks not included  !.

Might have had a nice win bonus. 

He charges £1000 per hour mate. He won't need a win bonus to afford that.

7 minutes ago, Asio otus said:

My thoughts exactly, guilty is guilty, we broke the rules so punish us, learn from it and move on

Your quote above has no IF in it !!!

I understand this is a message board, so I'm sorry you didn't quite grasp my comment, imagine it being a face to face conversation in a pub with a pint and it makes sense, while ur at it take ur tampon out 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Anyone had a rough guess at what difference would be in a sponsorship deal with Beres Pork Sarnies, or whoever else would sponsor us and what DC currently puts in though these ‘companies’ 

What I never got was why he didn't take sponsorship from outside companies and add in his own sponsorship on top. Don't get me started on corporate sponsorship of boxes etc. Seems like he shut off loads of funding streams so he could do it himself instead of taking everything he could then making up the shortfall. 

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

What I never got was why he didn't take sponsorship from outside companies and add in his own sponsorship on top. Don't get me started on corporate sponsorship of boxes etc. Seems like he shut off loads of funding streams so he could do it himself instead of taking everything he could then making up the shortfall. 

Sums up his approach across the board I think.

5 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Yeah good points,  not too sure on the finer details of the ‘rules’ though 

So according to Adam Oxley (Star) they’ve rung EFL numerous times for an update, EFL say they can’t help as its out of their hands. 

So, it seems the independent panel for some reason still haven’t given their ruling to the EFL - if the EFL are to be believed. 

1 minute ago, Essix Blue said:

So according to Adam Oxley (Star) they’ve rung EFL numerous times for an update, EFL say they can’t help as its out of their hands. 

So, it seems the independent panel for some reason still haven’t given their ruling to the EFL - if the EFL are to be believed. 

Out of there hands I find that very very hard to believe 

Independent panel it may be , but it’s all a part of the EFL’s process and there has to be some accountability 

4 hours ago, horny owl said:

This is my biggest fear though

We won’t learn from it

4 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

DC learning from anything. I doubt it. 

When was the last time we spent big money on a player? 

When was the last time we increased the wage budget from the previous season?

When was the last time we appointed an unknown foreign manager with no Championship experience?

Added to that, we sold Joao for a decent fee at the start of this season. 

Chansiri is clearly learning his lessons. Unfortunately, we are now paying for mistakes he made 3 or more years ago. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Brissy-owl said:

I understand this is a message board, so I'm sorry you didn't quite grasp my comment, imagine it being a face to face conversation in a pub with a pint and it makes sense, while ur at it take ur tampon out 

Are L7 Wednesdayites?

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Don't believe a word of that

The EFL aren't just sat there weeks later waiting for the phone to ring

NO chance

No way

This is why more questions need to be asked because the more you ask the weirder and murkier this gets

What is the mechanism?
Who's responsible for reporting back?
What's the maximum deadline/timeframe given to them to report the verdict back?
What's the hold up?
Why no communication?
Who is responsible at the EFL for overseeing this verdict coming back and how 'on it' are they to get this resolved?

etc etc

Owlstalk Shop