BREAKING NEWS - Steven Fletcher in contention for Forest game

21 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I will be a very happy bunny if we give Fletcher a new contract.

Our best and most important player.

We will definitely offer him a new contract and I’ve said all along if we are a championship side next season and we offer him a 2 year deal on reasonable but reduced terms, he will stay. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, briggowl said:

It's worrying at the age of 32? that he's our future!!

Its worrying that 2 days before the first game back that we still don't know which playing in the squad are available to play.

Extension of contracts should have been sorted as soon as the club knew they were coming back to finish the season, not be being sorted this close to the first game, as it stands after the Bristol city game we may be calling on the under 18's to make up the numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Its worrying that 2 days before the first game back that we still don't know which playing in the squad are available to play.

Extension of contracts should have been sorted as soon as the club knew they were coming back to finish the season, not be being sorted this close to the first game, as it stands after the Bristol city game we may be calling on the under 18's to make up the numbers.

I suspect every club is in exactly the same position. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

I suspect every club is in exactly the same position. 

I doubt it, as I don't think every other club has 14 of their first team squad out of contract within the next 12 days. Though some will have loan players.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We do know who is available to play on Saturday, and the next game, its after the end of the month that there is uncertainty, but all have been asked to extend.

Edited by Striggy

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

Here’s the results when Fletcher has played more than half a game for us this season:-

P22. W10. D6. L6. Pts36

1.64 points per game 

Equates to a 75 point season - top six finish.

....and when he hasn’t:-

P15. W3. D3. L9. Pts12

0.8 points per game

Equates to a 37 point season - rock bottom

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Here’s the results when Fletcher has played more than half a game for us this season:-

P22. W10. D6. L6. Pts36

1.64 points per game 

P15. W3. D3. L9. Pts12

0.8 points per game

Indeed he is vital but carry an injury as Monk has said, needing to play 9 games in a little over 30 days if we get 4 or 5 full games out of him we will have done well. The issue comes who comes in for him as the only option may be Rhodes if players do not take up the 1 month extension.

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

P22. W10. D6. L6. Pts36

1.64 points per game 

P15. W3. D3. L9. Pts12

0.8 points per game

Crikey

That's terrifying

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Indeed he is vital but carry an injury as Monk has said, needing to play 9 games in a little over 30 days if we get 4 or 5 full games out of him we will have done well. The issue comes who comes in for him as the only option may be Rhodes if players do not take up the 1 month extension.

I can’t see why any player would refuse a short extension to the end of July.

Very few clubs will want to buy or loan new players until they know which division they are in next season.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

I can’t see why any player would refuse a short extension to the end of July.

Very few clubs will want to buy or loan new players until they know which division they are in next season.

You are a footballer that in just 4 weeks will be thrown on the scrapheap by your current employer, but they want you to put your body on the line and possible pick up injuries that could be serious affecting your ability to get another contract elsewhere.

OR

You decide not to take up the contract knowing full well the club, has no intention of extending your contract and instead decide to go elsewhere fully fit.

In modern football, it is all about the player not the club unfortunately.

Edited by room0035
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

You are a footballer that in just 4 weeks will be thrown on the scrapheap by your current employer, but they want you to put your body on the line and possible pick up injuries that could be serious affecting your ability to get another contract elsewhere.

OR

You decide not to take up the contract knowing full well the club, has no intention of extending your contract and instead decide to go elsewhere fully fit.

In modern football, it is all about the player not the club unfortunately.

Yes I suppose if you are a player thinking you are out on your ear 30th July you are probably right.

For those already in negotiations (Fletcher fingers crossed) you would agree a 9 game extension.