BREAKING NEWS - Josh Windass OUT for at least 3 games

Guest mrbluesky

And so it begins again...the age old saga of Wednesday players missing games. I know he's done nothing contact wise all lockdown and all players are prone to niggles at this stage,  but it is just so predictably Wednesday. FFS

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

it won’t be exclusively our club that gets this kind of injury 

they all will

Very true.

Unfortunately, it’s true to our luck that there’s an element of gamble with this one though due to his loan being up before he’d be back fit. It’s also an injury that could easily carry and carry for weeks. 

Get the point about releasing him and we, like everyone else have lots of cash problems, but it's a two sides of the same coin.  Hard to be upset when players we want to stay don't commit whilst at same time pushing ones we don't want out as soon as we can.  Footballers and football teams both as bad as each other.  

Maybe FFP issues, but I think to build the right culture and team spirit, we should be extending (or cancelling) contacts for all not picking and choosing. Hard to expect loyalty when we don't show it as a club.  It's not like culture and team spirit seemed before this, but we should be working to improve it not make worse.

Even players like Bates in my opinion should be extended. Fact that he probably shouldn't have been signed is a separate issue, we made the decision to sign him so should do it properly.  

If cash or FFG is that serious and issue (and they could well be) then we should be explaining it and being honest both with players and fans, not doing it piecemeal. Might be right thing to do, but culture will take another blow and even longer to repair.