Garry Monks Contract

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

That will be our first signing in the summer.

James Beatie.

Am not so sure,   Don’t think D.C will play ball 

I dont think he's going anywhere. I'm not as anti Monk as some. Showed promise earlier in the season but mostly poo since Christmas.

Have no idea of his credentials in the transfer market, some players speak highly of him, others perhaps wouldn't wee wee on him if he was on fire. No different to most managers I suppose depending if they are in the team.

On the basis I couldn't identify and available replacement and DC looks like he's satisfied with him, prepared to see what he can do. No more excuses now though. 

• Like 1

I'm really sick of hearing people say "I don't want him here" but offering no real alternatives. It's dead easy to say "I don't want him" but it takes some research, forethought and understanding to offer alternatives. So where are the alternatives?

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Hopefully he is getting released along with all the other dead wood.

I wouldn't trust him to build my shed let alone a football club, I have seen nothing on his cv that suggest he is remotely capable of doing so.

You have your wish. 

Who do you now appoint? 

Nobody can give an answer 

2 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm really sick of hearing people say "I don't want him here" but offering no real alternatives. It's dead easy to say "I don't want him" but it takes some research, forethought and understanding to offer alternatives. So where are the alternatives?

Robins and Mowbray have both worked well under weird owners, Robinson at Oxford seems to do alright although he probably moans more than Monk, Chris Hughton might have revised his expectations of getting a PL job. That of course is based on not knowing the budget for next year, what league we'll be in or any other punishments that might get handed out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Road Runner said:

You have your wish. 

Who do you now appoint? 

Nobody can give an answer 

McCarthy 

Megson

Bruce (soon to be free)

Hughton 

Warnock 

As free or soon to be free agents, all have at least 2 promotions from the league, all proven track records and I wouldn't be disappointed with anyone of them.

Personally I would jump at Jokanovic but he is being paid millions in the middle east.

1 minute ago, Bex44 said:

Sorry..... Bruce showed no regard to the club when he left. Why do people want him back? 

Wednesday are better than that and deserve someone who wants to be at the club! 

Give over  people follow the money, if a premiership club came in for Monk he'd be off like a whippet.

I have no malice towards Bruce and would welcome him back tomorrow.

He had us going in the right direction  ,we had good recruitment under him and above there was a real sense of optimism around the club.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Give over  people follow the money, if a premiership club came in for Monk he'd be off like a whippet.

I have no malice towards Bruce and would welcome him back tomorrow.

He had us going in the right direction  ,we had good recruitment under him and above there was a real sense of optimism around the club.

Sorry not a fan of bruce and he hasnt done anything special at Newcastle!

But yes you're right about money, people will always follow it! 

With our barmy chairman, our tired squad, our pending points deduction and inability to spend any money on decent players, we will not find a decent manager.

We are a football managers graveyard.

When was the last time one of our bosses made a real name for himself and went on to bigger and better things? 

Do we really want to go through 3 months of finding a new manager again if what we will end up with is no more qualified or successful than Monk? Let that new man give all our current players a one year extension so he can have a look at them and work out they're not working before he then gets sacked and we start again? 

Like it or not we are almost forced to give Monk a chance to make this his team. We can't afford not to. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bex44 said:

Sorry not a fan of bruce and he hasnt done anything special at Newcastle!

But yes you're right about money, people will always follow it! 

I thought they were mid table and nowhere near relegation when everyone had them nailed on for relegation. I reckon he's done alright! 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

I thought they were mid table and nowhere near relegation when everyone had them nailed on for relegation. I reckon he's done alright! 

Pretty much same point difference from bottom club team for both NU and wednesday. Admittedly championship is a little tighter. 

But that's just my opinion on him. I know it's not everyone's 

21 minutes ago, Mystic Neg said:

With our barmy chairman, our tired squad, our pending points deduction and inability to spend any money on decent players, we will not find a decent manager.

We are a football managers graveyard.

When was the last time one of our bosses made a real name for himself and went on to bigger and better things? 

Do we really want to go through 3 months of finding a new manager again if what we will end up with is no more qualified or successful than Monk? Let that new man give all our current players a one year extension so he can have a look at them and work out they're not working before he then gets sacked and we start again? 

Like it or not we are almost forced to give Monk a chance to make this his team. We can't afford not to. 

Bruce