Garry Monks Contract

Screenshot 2020-06-07 at 14.52.20.jpg

Garry Monks Contract

Does anyone know the length of Monks contract with Wednesday?

I don’t understand why we have kept him on if he was on a “short term rolling contract” he seems to be planning for the future with his recent statements etc 

Personally I don’t want him at SWFC , but feel that the pandemic effectively saved his job, and now will be given a “fresh start” so to speak

Who Knows? 

WAWAW

• Like 3

Have to admit I’ve been more on the side of letting Monk have a while longer, hopefully get his own staff and his own players in. After giving Pelupessy a new deal I’ve lost all faith in him. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

I think Monk is just being diplomatic about certain issues at the minute as I think the decision for him to leave come the end of the season has already been made and I think it’s his decision as much as Chansiri’s?

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

I rarely join the “sack the manager” crowd- even with Jos.

I really want Monk gone though, before he causes anymore damage. The way we were playing before matches were stopped, was getting rapidly worse. There was no desire, structure, interest in winning games. Monk’s excuses were getting more tiresome and negative. I really hope he’s shown the door at the end of the season.

OK!. Monk goes, who come's in?.

Who is out there to do the job, which 'Name' manager want's the job?.

It's no good just saying 'Sack the manager' with out having some one come in to fill the role until the next time we have a run of bad result's.

I have just finished reading 'Our lowest ebb', 1973-76, 47 years ago, and guess what, in all that time we, as a club and fans, have learned absolutely nothing.

We are in nearly as bad a situation now as we were then.

47 friggin years and we have built nothing to move the club forwards both on and off the field of play.

I blame Monk and DC for it all.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I’d say there’s a steady chance Monk quits rather than gets sack 

If he doesn’t get some back room staff I’d wager a good few ££ he quits 

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
19 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

It's no good just saying 'Sack the manager' with out having some one come in to fill the role until the next time we have a run of bad result's.

I have just finished reading 'Our lowest ebb', 1973-76, 47 years ago, and guess what, in all that time we, as a club and fans, have learned absolutely nothing.

47 friggin years and we have built nothing to move the club forwards both on and off the field of play.

There will be plenty of options in the manager merry-fo-round during the summer. We just need to move quickly for a change, not faff around as usual. I would give Bruce another go (I expect him to be sacked by Newcastle). For a quicker option I’d go for Colin, though I now expect to be derided for that suggestion!

If we let Monk bring in players in the Summer as we are going to have a big turnaround with OOC players leaving then it’s unfair to then sack him and pass those players on to someone else. 

It’s either got to be get rid of Monk now and let any new man plan the summer rebuild or if not then keep Monk on. It’s counter productive to get to the Summer and then sack Monk because we would be behind the 8 ball then in terms of recruitment as teams will already have the upper hand.

I think a big factor for Monk is if he can get his own coaching staff in. If so then there is then no hiding place for him. Right now he could say he’s being hindered on that front.

Guest Ronson

Maybe DC has accepted our fate and decided to run with Monk until we reach rock bottom. This waiting around for a decision is absurd

53 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

No huge name, but if we're working from a fresh squad I'd take Ryan Lowe if he was available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

Fans go for the manager every time. The other viable option was Rowett but he has a club now.

Since CCs final year there has been an issue here that has painted all managers in a bad light and it is the same players dropped. It was only really Bruce who has the gift of the gab who changed that with one or two. 

Unless there is a manager like that I think Monk or Rowett would be the best we would get. Then we’d be looking at others to step up from the leagues below into a situation where they’d need to get a team punching when Monk and Rowett habe shown they can do it elsewhere. There is also DC and he seemingly put the Cowleys off.

I say that unless we see someone obviously better suited to the situation we keep Monk and give him the room to build a team that does what he wants them too.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, marshy said:

No huge name, but if we're working from a fresh squad I'd take Ryan Lowe if he was available.

If we went to League one that could be a decent partnership but this would be a huge step up at a time when we need someone with experience  to guide us. Monk is still fairly young but has been involved at some good clubs and at a decent level.