Here's what Sunderland have given their season ticket holders

14 hours ago, dykwim said:

That’s rubbish. People should be entitled to a refund. Will be interesting to test their terms vs law. 

Our terms and conditions for season tickets do not allow for refunds

1 hour ago, twolaptops said:

I want a full cash refund...........end of !!!..................every other outlet that had my money for a now cancelled event has paid up.......get it done DC.

You aren't under present terms and conditions entitled to one  hopefully the club will wave this rule. 

13 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm not sure it actually is. I posted a few weeks back excerpts from Liverpool, Man Utd and another PL teams season ticket policies (as I found these already posted online) as they stated (along the lines of) "we can re-arrange or cancel matches without notice and you can go to these but you can't get a refund if you can't". That's paraphrased obviously.

As it happens Liverpool are refunding their supporters - I guess it's easy for PL clubs, but when you sign up for a season ticket, you are also agreeing to the T&Cs of that ticket. Whether or not that can be challenge or is against any laws, I am not sure, but I think the clubs hold all the aces on this.

I don't see how T&C's can apply.

As far as I can remember I picked the phone up, asked for a season ticket and then they took payment. I don't ever recall either being read T&C's or directed towards T&C's. 

So if T&C's apply then I'm pretty sure I've been mis-sold something.

11 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

If it wasn't for my love of Wednesday I could easily turn my back on the whole money mad, morally bankrupt, parasite infested game. 

I love Wednesday but I despise what football has become. 

Is that down to the fans? Millions have bought into subscription TV, we all get hyped when chasing expensive players, wanting to see the best foreign players. Upping the ante all the time.

2 hours ago, vulva said:

The answer is that football should have built a sustainable business model rather than paying average players £m’s every year. I have zero sympathy for football and the chickens are coming home to roost. The ITV digital situation gave the game a chance to recalibrate, and they didn’t take the opportunity. 

Basically, fcck football. The whole Covid thing has been a PR disaster. All we’ve heard is when these little lambs can get playing again and protect their billionaire owners TV money.

Meanwhile, in the real world, 40k people have died and millions will lose their jobs and houses. 

Let’s keep this simple. I’ve overpaid to watch a game of football, 6 months in advance when you think about next season. I’ve done my bit. Now I want that money back. This isn’t about the money, especially this season. I don’t need the money, but I would rather redirect it towards my kids education that someone elses. 

This is all about principle. I’ve had refunds from holidays companies, theatres etc, all of which I will use again. 

Said it before. Clubs should stick together and at Championship level and above dock player wages, on a prorata basis. If they don’t like it, let’s see if they take their own clubs to court. 

Unfortunately football has always had an "I'm alright Jack" attitude.

Bet it wasn't that long ago Bolton & Pompey fans were looking down their noses at "Lower League Fans" from their Premier League seats.

13 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

I don't see how T&C's can apply.

As far as I can remember I picked the phone up, asked for a season ticket and then they took payment. I don't ever recall either being read T&C's or directed towards T&C's. 

So if T&C's apply then I'm pretty sure I've been mis-sold something.

That's not how it works. This is from the OS

Season Ticket Terms and Conditions

By purchasing a Season Ticket you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of our Season Tickets. To view the terms and conditions please click here.

However, that link does not work. If in doubt, contact the Ticket Office - ticketenquiries@swfc.co.uk.

Edited by ChapSmurf

Doesn't surprise me, Sunderland are skint. The guy who bought them has no money (relative in football terms) and has been scrounging for investment/sale ever since. That said, I dont think they'll be the only ones who do this. 

Streaming is all well and good, but like paying for a holiday abroad , not being allowed to go and instead watching a video of someone over their in the pool having a beer. 

While I understand and sympathetic for football clubs, dont think individuals (fans) should be expected to foot the bill, without consultation or choice. While it is being justified by their cost base, that cost base needs to be the first to be looked at. 

Dont think anyone whose paid their money in good faith can accept a club doing this while honouring excessive contracts to football staff. The bubble has to burst in football, players are not exempt from financial crisis.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ChapSmurf said:

That's not how it works. This is from the OS

Season Ticket Terms and Conditions

By purchasing a Season Ticket you are agreeing to the Terms and Conditions of our Season Tickets. To view the terms and conditions please click here.

However, that linl does not work. If in doubt, contact the Ticket Office - ticketenquiries@swfc.co.uk.

To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) the problem with this is, they have to make you aware of terms and conditions at point of sale.

So I was never told about the terms and conditions and so therefore believe I have been mis-sold something.

Also I renewed online this season and I do not recall it asking me to read the terms and place a tick in the check box, again I could be wrong about this but I honestly can't remember doing it. Can anyone else remember?

Like I said I'm no expert on law but I'm pretty sure you have to be made aware, otherwise they could put anything in t&C's i.e. by agreeing to purchase a season ticket you are also agreeing to having your eyes poked out etc.

Guest The Claw
1 minute ago, royalowlisback said:

I think they stopped us using Credit Cards for payment.

no i paid for mine on it, as for streaming - I go with my brothers would we have to sit in separate homes to watch or can we have a refund for two of us and watch the matches on one box? na refund the season was stopped and not by the customer.

1 minute ago, deaks1984 said:

To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) the problem with this is, they have to make you aware of terms and conditions at point of sale.

So I was never told about the terms and conditions and so therefore believe I have been mis-sold something.

Also I renewed online this season and I do not recall it asking me to read the terms and place a tick in the check box, again I could be wrong about this but I honestly can't remember doing it. Can anyone else remember?

Like I said I'm no expert on law but I'm pretty sure you have to be made aware, otherwise they could put anything in t&C's i.e. by agreeing to purchase a season ticket you are also agreeing to having your eyes poked out etc.

That would be preferable most seasons.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, deaks1984 said:

I’ll happily stand corrected ... but I think every time you purchase a ticket from the club website there’s a box that says something along the lines ‘by purchasing you agree to the T & Cs’ 

as I say, I could be wrong 

1 minute ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

Both this and last seasons ticket were purchased on credit card

I'm sure (but probably wrong) that multi-year season tickets could not be paid via credit card - because the money is for different accounting periods or something.