Here's what Sunderland have given their season ticket holders

1 minute ago, The only way is S6 said:

I posted in a thread earlier today mate that the EFL are meeting leagues 1 & 2 next Mon 8th so it remains to be seen. 

I thought league 2 had already decided season had ended and that meeting was about how to end it. And that league 1 wouldn't get enough votes to get playing again passed.

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox

Can't be legal, surely? If you're not getting what you paid for, the customer should be offered choice of a streaming pass or part cash refund. 

2 minutes ago, full fathom five said:

You just know that DC is going to come up with one of his brilliant schemes for us:ghoulguy:

I think there will be some elaborate thing to try keep the season ticket money in the club but I do think full refund will be one of the options on the table.

I have 3 season tickets for next season and I would only get a tv pass for home games? I don't think so . what about freezing players wages instead? this is going to get very messy.  either let us in by September or cancel season and refund in full ,its the players what should lose part/all of there wages if there isn't a incoming source of money not supporters who will get shafted . Italy look like there allowing 25% in july to games ,hungry allowed some supporters to attend over last wkd ,so I don't know why its assumed that supporters will be barred from attending next season , the gov cant possibly carry on with these lockdown measures and then allow cinemas to open in july and pubs but not football in open air. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Can't be legal, surely? If you're not getting what you paid for, the customer should be offered choice of a streaming pass or part cash refund. 

Would imagine it is legal or it wouldnt have been done by a professional football club. Must have club lawyers they have consulted about it. 

Guest Grandad

If the club planned to ask supporters not to push for refunds - it might have been an idea not to announce Pelupessy's new contract first

19 minutes ago, Donny El said:

If clubs do not refund the the season ticket holders they may as well fold the club now because not one of those fans will attend another game and no new fans would ever buy a season ticket because of the risk of this happening again. 

yer I agree totally with that. 

56 minutes ago, ChapSmurf said:

I'm not sure it actually is. I posted a few weeks back excerpts from Liverpool, Man Utd and another PL teams season ticket policies (as I found these already posted online) as they stated (along the lines of) "we can re-arrange or cancel matches without notice and you can go to these but you can't get a refund if you can't". That's paraphrased obviously.

As it happens Liverpool are refunding their supporters - I guess it's easy for PL clubs, but when you sign up for a season ticket, you are also agreeing to the T&Cs of that ticket. Whether or not that can be challenge or is against any laws, I am not sure, but I think the clubs hold all the aces on this.

Not so sure about that, even if legally this is a possibility, the bad publicity and loss of future income is surely worth more. 

27 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

I was reading the first question as a club statement. But it was just what they thought the answer was and put it as a question.

There is a good chance that league one wont play so in that case they will get a refund.

You're right, League One are undecided on whether they will play on and it might not happen. As that is the case, why have Sunderland decided to release these details before that decision has been made leading to such bad PR?

Am I the only one here thinking that the clubs don’t have the cash flow to pay these monies back. I’d happily swap my remaining games for streaming passes if it means the club survives. That money is all spent and these are exceptional circumstances. 

The problem we have here though is we’ve continued to pay our players full pay and have not furloughed them. I’d be happy for them to have been furloughed and kept my cash but as we’ve paid all players full pay then that takes the pi$$.

The only acceptable offer to season ticket holders is an automatic  refund. 

If they choose to donate it to charity, the club or  buy a streaming pass afterwards is a totally different matter.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1