Here's what Sunderland have given their season ticket holders

3 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I’ll happily stand corrected ... but I think every time you purchase a ticket from the club website there’s a box that says something along the lines ‘by purchasing you agree to the T & Cs’ 

as I say, I could be wrong 

You may be correct, I honestly can't remember about the online side of it, but one thing is for sure, when I originally purchased my season ticket over the telephone they didn't say a thing about terms and conditions.

4 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

You may be correct, I honestly can't remember about the online side of it, but one thing is for sure, when I originally purchased my season ticket over the telephone they didn't say a thing about terms and conditions.

oh absolutely ... when I bought a multi year ticket in person in shop ... no t&cs discussion 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

The T & C's wont apply as they are stopping you attending matches.

It is not your choice not to go.

A lot of credit card claims coming up i think

This is spot on, anyone who paid by credit card will be able to successfully claim back if any clubs are crazy enough to try and screw their fans over this. 

I'll be doing it for last season's if it starts up behind closed doors before any refund is issued.

Can't see DC being mad enough to try in on though, especially after still paying the squad of bums in full.

It would be the last straw for many who'd never come back. 

• Like 1

Be interesting to see how many clubs are close to the brink after all these pending refunds, I don’t see how they find the money to do this without it seriously affecting the clubs going forward , unless they’ve got cash rich chairmen who prepared to stand to it 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Be interesting to see how many clubs are close to the brink after all these pending refunds, I don’t see how they find the money to do this without it seriously affecting the clubs going forward , unless they’ve got cash rich chairmen who prepared to stand to it 

many players are out of contract this summer, maybe not replacing them with overpaid "stars" would be a start. Though we end up with Joey

15 hours ago, MrsHall said:

What’s the cost of a match pass...what’s the per-game cost via season ticket? Bit of a difference as far as I see. UTO.

15 hours ago, latemodelchild said:

Be interesting to see how much a streaming pass costs compared to the per game amount paid via season ticket. I wouldn't expect those prices to be the same. 

I fully expect us to be offered a worse deal than this one. 

My ifollow season pass cost roughly £110 if that helps.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, tissy said:

This is spot on, anyone who paid by credit card will be able to successfully claim back if any clubs are crazy enough to try and screw their fans over this. 

I'll be doing it for last season's if it starts up behind closed doors before any refund is issued.

Can't see DC being mad enough to try in on though, especially after still paying the squad of bums in full.

It would be the last straw for many who'd never come back. 

Multi year season tickets cannot be purchased with a credit card - so if you bought a multi-year ST - forget it.

38 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

To my knowledge (correct me if I'm wrong) the problem with this is, they have to make you aware of terms and conditions at point of sale.

So I was never told about the terms and conditions and so therefore believe I have been mis-sold something.

Also I renewed online this season and I do not recall it asking me to read the terms and place a tick in the check box, again I could be wrong about this but I honestly can't remember doing it. Can anyone else remember?

Like I said I'm no expert on law but I'm pretty sure you have to be made aware, otherwise they could put anything in t&C's i.e. by agreeing to purchase a season ticket you are also agreeing to having your eyes poked out etc.

Which wouldn't be a bad thing watching us at times lol

I'm sure you are correct that they have to make you aware, but maybe they do in the letter you get with your ST in the first place. I'm totally on the side of the consumer though, so I hope that anyone who wants a refund is able to get one.

16 minutes ago, modboy said:

many players are out of contract this summer, maybe not replacing them with overpaid "stars" would be a start. Though we end up with Joey

That’s gonna be the case anyway

Guest paulvcooke
14 hours ago, Grandad said:

All of this damaging speculation could be put to bed with a statement from the club

What? Are you saying Sheffield Wednesday should make a comment about Sunderland's refund policy just because some people on a message board are assuming what the club will do? I have you ignore for a very good reason.

Personally I’m happy to not take a refund. I’m in a fortunate financial position that I’m not desperate for the money back, understand all clubs are on rough times, don’t wanna see any clubs go under through this and I’m happy to take the stream option. 

But I can’t see how a club can NOT offer a partial refund for those who would prefer that. We have four season ticket holders in my house. Realistically we only need two streaming passes, the other two don’t need one.

What about the elderly who don’t rock with technology. Of course in regular circumstances there could be a way round that with family members assisting in setting things up. But if they’re elderly they’ll likely be shielding and it’s not a safe option. Not all elderly supporters will have that help either and it’s discriminatory to assume.

Theres so many issues with this and weve not even touched on next season.

Edited by FlyingOwl
  • Like 1

Guest Grandad
5 minutes ago, paulvcooke said:

What? Are you saying Sheffield Wednesday should make a comment about Sunderland's refund policy just because some people on a message board are assuming what the club will do? I have you ignore for a very good reason.

Are you on drugs?

I'm saying Sheffield Wednesday should make a statement about Sheffield Wednesdays plans with regards to ticket refunds/other and that will stop 6 pages of speculation from fans about what Sheffield Wednesday will do

Idiot Facepalm GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

So..if TUI said no holiday refunds BUT what we can offer you is....1.Turn your heating full on. 2.Put your swimwear on. 3. Put Viva Espana on your music player full blast. 4. Get the beers in and sit on your sofa.. 5 Enjoy our reduced price  link to SKY Travel Channel where we have arranged sea waves & sunshine effects with sound 6. Enjoy the experience AND look out for booking options for next year...........thanks for your loyalty.....don't miss the early bird offers............(Did you not read our T & C's when booking ?)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

So..if TUI said no holiday refunds BUT what we can offer you is....1.Turn your heating full on. 2.Put your swimwear on. 3. Put Viva Espana on your music player full blast. 4. Get the beers in and sit on your sofa.. 5 Enjoy our reduced price  link to SKY Travel Channel where we have arranged sea waves & sunshine effects with sound 6. Enjoy the experience AND look out for booking options for next year...........thanks for your loyalty.....don't miss the early bird offers............(Did you not read our T & C's when booking ?)

It sounds rather nicer than an actual TUI package holiday to be fair

• Haha 3

Biggest problem Is clubs that are insisting playing on behind closed doors, without this full refunds would have to be given 

Behind closed doors shouldn’t even be an option 

22 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Biggest problem Is clubs that are insisting playing on behind closed doors, without this full refunds would have to be given 

Behind closed doors shouldn’t even be an option 

Maybe that's another for reason for them wanting to play - our money as well as TV money.  

Wednesday "owe" me for 5/23 games that's about £120.  You can't scale that up easily because of different rates for different stands, concessions etc but regardless with 20k or so ST holders - is that how many we have? -  it's going to be a hefty sum. Having said that our money doesn't pay for anything anyway.

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Maybe that's another for reason for them wanting to play - our money as well as TV money.  

Wednesday "owe" me for 5/23 games that's about £120.  You can't scale that up easily because of different rates for different stands, concessions etc but regardless with 20k or so ST holders - is that how many we have? -  it's going to be a hefty sum. Having said that our money doesn't pay for anything anyway.

It maybe doesn't pay for much against our overall expenditure, but it's still classed as earned income against P&S

• Like 1