The Bundesliga Thread - FOOTBALL IS BACK

5 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Anyone know why subs have been spaced 2m apart and players couldn’t go near each other to celebrate? Haven’t they been training together and been in quarantine 

I would guess because of the sustained time they are in each others company rather than the fleeing moments they will be in close proximity to others when they are playing?

19 minutes ago, scram said:

I would guess because of the sustained time they are in each others company rather than the fleeing moments they will be in close proximity to others when they are playing?

Yeah you’re probably right... just thought it was a bit strange. Didn’t watch any of the games. Were they full blooded or were people scared to go near each other?

3 minutes ago, SUPER OWLS O.K. said:

Best thing about football coming back is that I won a couple of quid on a small acca.

Other than that, what I saw of today looked pish. 

Bit weird but I quite enjoyed the Leipzig game. 

Interestingly no rolling about playing to the crowd! 

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Dortmund v Schalke game was pretty dreadful but the Frankfurt v Borussia game was really enjoyable to watch even with no fans. 

Looking forward to the three games tomorrow.

I've decided to adopt Union Berlin. I did a flow chart thing and it came out with them. So I'm going to watch them tommorrow. 

11 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Dortmund v Schalke game was pretty dreadful but the Frankfurt v Borussia game was really enjoyable to watch even with no fans. 

Looking forward to the three games tomorrow.

Watch the first 30 of Dortmund game I was so bored, switched off after first goal.

For those who do t have bt the games are in sky bet app, just beam it to your tv.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Watch the first 30 of Dortmund game I was so bored, switched off after first goal.

For those who do t have bt the games are in sky bet app, just beam it to your tv.

Yeah that's what I did tbh. I wouldn't be going out my way to pay for it. 

Nor will I for the EPL now. 

6 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

It absolutely shows why football is nothing without fans.

Yet... and this might feel like a dig. So many people shoot each other down when you talk about how absent the atmosphere has been at Hillsborough and other grounds for a few years. And also a lot of people shoot fan groups down that attempt to maintain atmospheres. 

Turns out that live crowds are just as important to real sports (football) as they are for predetermined sports like pro-wrestling.

Like watching glorified friendly matches or the professional version of a kick about.