Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

10 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

doesn’t really spend that much though does he even after they have sold players for decent money. There average annual net spend per year in his time was 2.6 million. 

Still spent all those years except two years in all that time in the Prem and when in the championship went back up as champions . Whereas we have done money hand over fist to be mid table championship with the efl trying to take points off us . 

9 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Newcastle are a much bigger club than us. Comparing the positions of the 2 clubs is ridiculous. 

How is it ? My point was he knows how to run a club and a lot of both sets of fans are delusional . 

Edited by cross owl

Oh dear. This is what 20 years of very little has done to some supporters. One of the most criticised figures both football wise and ethically is loosely linked to buying us and some are lapping it up. 

If you thought the atmosphere was bad now, I tell you now it would be worse under Ashley. Especially if like DC we haven’t gone up in 2 years and have blown out kitty once more. 

Still at least those Puma kits look better and they will be on time. 

Edited by steelcityowlsfan

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Mike Ashley Sheffield Wednesday.jpg

Apparently interested in another club 

https://www.nufcblog.co.uk/2020/04/26/mike-ashley-now-planning-to-buy-another-football-club-once-saudis-seal-300m-takeover-report/

A random Geordie in a telegram group I’m in is saying he’s heard from a number of people it’s  rumoured to be us.

How would people feel? It’s a no from me 

It’s more than a rumour, been told it’s definitely happening !!     UTO 

• Haha 3

I think the thing with Ashley is this. 

He would stabilise the club. He'd turn it into a money making business which would take time. This would also probably be achieved with the selling of players throughout his tenure. 

He'd link us in with his other businesess like Sports Direct. The way he seemingly runs these businesses is more than suspect in terms of how the companies treat staff from the top down. This culture to ignore any idea that staff are valued as people in this day and age is really sad. I disagree strongly with this style of ownership. 

It's likely we'd see little to no investment in the playing staff over the years. Instead we'd be used as a vehicle for average mid table finishes. The fans WOULD become frustrated. The fans WOULD turn on him. Our fans would also start to feel apathetic to the lack of ambition and to the fact our club would become even more corporate and distant from us than ever. 

Thats if he was to replicate what he achieved with Newcastle. 

Ignoring any better or worse comparisons with DC. I think MA being our owner would inject a new apathy that would run throughout the club from top to bottom and be controlled by a very strewd, thick skinned owner that could more than deal with the backlash. It makes me shudder really. The lack of ambition would make us a shell of a club.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Ha ha this would just be Sheffield Wednesday all over if we went from Milan to Chansiri to Ashley..

It would be The Wednesday Way

Would probably bring Bruce back too!!

12 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Still spent all those years except two years in all that time in the Prem and when in the championship went back up as champions . Whereas we have done money hand over fist to be mid table championship with the efl trying to take points off us . 

Yes but its about scale. They are a much bigger club than us and have a much bigger revenue stream. For them those 2 years in the championship were equivalent to our 2 years in league 1. Would you see our league one years as success? You've surely got to measure the fact that Newcastle have underachieved/been dragged along in apathetic life support whilst under his ownership. 

4 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think the thing with Ashley is this. 

He would stabilise the club. He'd turn it into a money making business which would take time. This would also probably be achieved with the selling of players throughout his tenure. 

He'd link us in with his other businesess like Sports Direct. The way he seemingly runs these businesses is more than suspect in terms of how the companies treat staff from the top down. This culture to ignore any idea that staff are valued as people in this day and age is really sad. I disagree strongly with this style of ownership. 

It's likely we'd see little to no investment in the playing staff over the years. Instead we'd be used as a vehicle for average mid table finishes. The fans WOULD become frustrated. The fans WOULD turn on him. Our fans would also start to feel apathetic to the lack of ambition and to the fact our club would become even more corporate and distant from us than ever. 

Thats if he was to replicate what he achieved with Newcastle. 

Ignoring any better or worse comparisons with DC. I think MA being our owner would inject a new apathy that would run throughout the club from top to bottom and be controlled by a very strewd, thick skinned owner that could more than deal with the backlash. It makes me shudder really. The lack of ambition would make us a shell of a club.

He would want us in the Prem , there is no money in the championship . If he replicated what he did at Newcastle we would be permanently in the Prem and when they weren't they went back up as champions . 

31 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

there are a hell of a lot of chairman I would swap DC for. Ashley is not one of them. 

Is Gibson one of them? 😂 At least we’d stay within P&S, practice what you preach and all that? 😂

• Haha 2

Guest Grandad
35 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

there are a hell of a lot of chairman I would swap DC for. Ashley is not one of them. 

But why? Im ot trying to catch you out - just interested to know why you feel he'd be worse