Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

I think he'll be more interested in the likes of Portsmouth, Bolton, Bradford etc. No way would he meet Chansiri's valuation for this club, even with £300 million burning a hole in his pocket.

But it just shows how bad the club is being run when we're all willing to entertain the idea of Mike Ashley owning SWFC.  As @Great Big Galaa said, Ashley wouldn't be perfect but he'd run the club a hell of a lot better than Chansiri and people like Paxo would be long gone.

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts

I'd take him 

Dc had a go and its gone t1ts up

Needs to take his loses and call it a day 

As for people saying Newcastle fans hate Ashley 

Newcastle fans are deluded 

They have a decent ground and a good fan base but that doesn't make them a massive club in my book 

They've not won a trophie since 1955 FFS 

2 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

He gets a lot of stick and I don’t really like the guy but he knows how to run a football club and he knows how to get sides promoted from this league.

He knows how to relegate a Premier League team then bounce back with parachute payments.. 

What evidence is there that he knows how to get a Championship team promoted?

6 minutes ago, southportdc said:

He knows how to relegate a Premier League team then bounce back with parachute payments.. 

What evidence is there that he knows how to get a Championship team promoted?

Knows how to appoint someone who can though.

1 hour ago, theowlsman said:

Stop it. Just because Ashley is an astute businessman, has contacts in football all the world, and can bring Steve Bruce back, can get the EFL off our case, is loaded, and offers us a chance to move forward, that is no reason to push his name forward.

(insert OwlsTalk reasons for staying clear).......

- He’s overweight

- He pays his staff minimum wages

- His fishing section on Sports Direct is crap

- He’s a friend of Dennis Wise

- Alan Pardew is his drinking buddy

- Lonsdale brand is crap

So our players would be on minimum wage.... probably justified since Xmas

16 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Knows how to appoint someone who can though.

Knows how to appoint someone who can get us promoted on the biggest budget in the league with the remains of a Premier League squad.

When has he appointed anyone to build a squad for promotion on a relatively smaller budget?

Both Ashley and Chansiri make mistakes but at least Chansiri is an honest chap, genuinely trying his best for the club, you simply cant say that about Ashley.

Never quite understood what happens to a clubs accounts & FFP once a club is sold to new owners, is the club given a fresh start in relation to the £30m (or whatever it is) losses over a three year period?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Knows how to appoint someone who can get us promoted on the biggest budget in the league with the remains of a Premier League squad.

When has he appointed anyone to build a squad for promotion on a relatively smaller budget?

When has he had the opportunity?. 

Many teams come down with the same premier league squads that Newcastle have. Not all go back up.

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

When you look at the criteria of the club he’s possibly looking to buy, I think it’d be either be us, Leeds, Forest, Derby or Sunderland.

He gets a lot of stick and I don’t really like the guy but he knows how to run a football club and he knows how to get sides promoted from this league.

I’d take him ahead of Chansiri.

Personally I would take him, he has put Newcastle on a sound financial footing.

He has learned how to run a football club and he has introduced a wages

policy that Newcastle can afford and that's 100% better than our current situation.

3 minutes ago, DirtyLeedsOwl said:

Both Ashley and Chansiri make mistakes but at least Chansiri is an honest chap, genuinely trying his best for the club, you simply cant say that about Ashley.

Never quite understood what happens to a clubs accounts & FFP once a club is sold to new owners, is the club given a fresh start in relation to the £30m (or whatever it is) losses over a three year period?

No. If this was the case we would be owned by Chansiri's wife or son at this moment in time.

I actually think there could be something in this. Firstly, I think Ashley would go for a club in the championship with big potential and we would fall into this category. He is a businessman to make money and I don’t see him going for another premier club. 

Only issue is that DC would want an inflated price and Ashley will not want to go high and there lies the problem. Sports Direct head office is in the vicinity as well.