Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

1 minute ago, Great Big Galaa said:

A bit like what Chansiri gets from

some of our fans then? Football club chairmen, the vast majority are unpopular wherever they reside?

Yeh but mostly because they wont spend any money,not because they spend too much gambling on trying to get to prem!

12 minutes ago, pioowl said:

If you said that in front of any of my mates who are Newcastle fans,they all would say you must be absolutely crackers.

must be doing something right, they get upwards of 50k for home games. 

12 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

The opposition chants though

”Track suits from Sports Direct, tracksuits from Sports Direct”.

For this reason alone, I’m out.

They'll do the same to us when Elev8 becomes a national sports retail brand. Only a matter of time now!

:Chansiri:

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, cross owl said:

Still spent all those years except two years in all that time in the Prem and when in the championship went back up as champions . Whereas we have done money hand over fist to be mid table championship with the efl trying to take points off us . 

Someone earlier did actually point out he had the benefit of parachute payments which gives them 3/4/5 times the spending power of anyone else in the champ due to failure payments.

No major gripe with Ashley though. I always thought the Geordies had huge double standards with massive chips on their shoulders.

3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Someone earlier did actually point out he had the benefit of parachute payments which gives them 3/4/5 times the spending power of anyone else in the champ due to failure payments.

No major gripe with Ashley though. I always thought the Geordies had huge double standards with massive chips on their shoulders.

Others have had parachute payments and not gone back up as champions the first time of asking  some have sunk worse than us . It gives them a sizeable three year edge though for failing as you say . I just want a chairman that knows football and isn't open to be given awful advice . Probably just speculation anyway . 

12 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

I've had plenty to say about DCs reign. A lot of it criticism. I know how apathetic the club and fan base has been in recent seasons. Its been horrible but a move to MA would be the same but just in different ways. Just because he'd be a new owner I don't think he'd be better. But obviously it's literally impossible to find perfection in reality. Only for the purposes of this hypothetic thread can I speak in such terms. 

The way I see it is there are some good things Chansiri has done here and some not so good things and I’d like to bet it’s the same for Ashley up at Newcastle but understandably it’s always the negatives that get highlighted amongst most fan bases than the positives.

Would I take Ashley over Chansiri? Yes I would. Yes, we’d become an advert for the Sports Direct brand but look around Hillsborough, we’re already an advert for the Chansiri brand plus I’ve actually shopped in Sports Direct. I’ve never bought a can of Elev8 Energy drink, as I’ve never seen one on sale?

Ashley has been involved with all due respect a much bigger club than us with a more fanatical fan base for the best part of two decades and from the outside looking in has held his own despite one or two well publicised disputes? 

Would he be a a perfect owner? Of course not apart from Mr Gibson, none exist? But he’s his own man, Paxaio would probably be first out of the door and that would be a plus for me? He knows business and he knows football and for that reason I think it would be a good move but I respect that this is not a view that will be shared

by the majority?

1 minute ago, cross owl said:

Others have had parachute payments and not gone back up as champions the first time of asking  some have sunk worse than us . It gives them a sizeable three year edge though for failing as you say . I just want a chairman that knows football and isn't open to be given awful advice . Probably just speculation anyway . 

Yeah fair point mate.

Ashley is renowned for buying things on the cheap, running them on a tight budget and selling.

Do you really think DC is going to sell us for what Ashley wants to pay?

Absolutely no chance in my opinion of this happening.

Unless DC desperately needs to sell and for a bargain basement price.