Mike Ashley

Guest Ash76

Guest Grandad
35 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

He can fizz right off. I’m no fan of DC but Ashley would be even worse. 

How?

To be fair as much as I do not like the guy, he isn't afraid to make difficult decisions and he does seem to have stabilized a notoriously unstable club.

I think his experience could be invaluable to us. 

It would be a rocky ride but what's new!?!

This club needs a rich owner no two ways about it,  but for me probably better been someone who isn’t going to throw millions at it , a bit reserved like Mandaric someone who’s capable and happy enough just ticking over and will in turn reduce expectation , average ticket prices etc 

Will most likely get destroyed by the usual crew, and called Chansiris puppet but I do honestly think our fan base would be happier with ticking over rather than anyone who’s gonna come in and spend millions again 

Guest The Horse

Imagine if you're a Wednesady fan who's first name is Ashley.
You walk in early on match day to see that 'Chansiri' has now been replaced with 'Ashley' all over the north stand.
You'd be made up.

Edited by The Horse

Just now, The Horse said:

Imagine if you're a Wednesady fan who's first name is Ashley.
You walk in early on match day to see that 'Chansiri' has now been replaced with 'Ashley' all over the north stand.
You'd be made up.

reckon we would more likely hear the crowd singing “Ashley’s a tug*r”

• Haha 1

Was he chairman both times they went down and both recent times went back up as champions and spent the rest of the time in the Prem . Yeah we demand better as no one under thirty five remembers us as anything but a second and third division yo yo club . We would swap places with the Geordies no question but they are moaning that they deserve to be champions league and we moan that we aren't in our rightful place which to about a third of the country is exactly where we are . He knows football and no matter how much the Geordies moan they are no where near as much of a basket case as us . Do I like him , who cares as long as whoever comes in , if anyone , doesn't turn us into more of laughing stock . 

• Like 3

Does Ashley own Sondico? If so, has obviously had dealings with us before. Like him or not, he knows business. I wouldn’t be adverse to having him here as from the outside looking despite the obvious problems he’s had with the Newcastle fans, he seems to have run a tight ship and let’s face it whoever comes in here will always p!$$ our fans off, one way or another 😂

6 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

Newcastle fans are a weird bunch. Idolised Benitez and then still hate Bruce despite him doing a pretty similar job results wise. I’ve seen what they all think of Mike Ashley, so imagine what they’d think about Chansiri...

I think because Benitez has managed top clubs across Europe and won European trophies and is likeable. Bruce is known for managing Champ/lower Prem teams, playing crap football with them and having no loyalty whatsoever.. also he managed Sunderland.