Big Mick

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

You're not making a good enough case for him, surely there has to be a better and more entertaining manager out there.  Has to be.

Ipswich went for Paul Hurst as an upcoming manager with the prospect of more entertaining football........

If my case isn't good enough for you fair enough, there are some reasons you have put forward which are worthy of debate in whether it would be a worthwhile appointment. I think his record in this division, working with a limited budget and no nonsense style is worthy of considering and could be exactly what we need.

What case can you put forward for the current manager doing a better job than him, or alternatively naming another option that we could realistically get that you think would do a better job?

2 hours ago, sage owl said:

Memories are short he made the best of a bad hand at Ipswich after kean had spent all the money. His Wolverhampton side that got promoted was anything but negative. Should have got him in when jos went. 

Completely agree with you sage. I reckon MM would be a perfect fit for us at this moment in time. Not sure about his wage demands, but I don’t reckon he’d have been on a fortune at Ipswich or with Ireland. 

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Ipswich went for Paul Hurst as an upcoming manager with the prospect of more entertaining football........

If my case isn't good enough for you fair enough, there are some reasons you have put forward which are worthy of debate in whether it would be a worthwhile appointment. I think his record in this division, working with a limited budget and no nonsense style is worthy of considering and could be exactly what we need.

What case can you put forward for the current manager doing a better job than him, or alternatively naming another option that we could realistically get that you think would do a better job?

That's my dilemma there isn't a manager out there who stands out and that includes MM. 

MM has all the qualities Monk lacks. MM doesn’t necessary play negative football. He plays to a teams strengths, there’s no point attempting attractive football if a team simply isn’t capable of it. You give yourself the best possible chance to win the game.

Edited by 0wl18
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

MM has all the qualities Monk lacks. MM doesn’t necessary play negative football. He plays to a teams strengths, there’s no point attempting attractive football if a team simply isn’t capable of it. You give yourself the best possible chance to win the game.

He had some good technical players at Ipswich, but never really played to their strengths. Think that was the main gripe with the Ipswich fans. I quite like him as a person, he’s very dry, but seems a decent guy. Wouldn’t want him here though. Yes he’s an upgrade on Monk, but that’s not setting the bar particularly high

The more i think about it,the more it fits.Got be an improvement on Monk,who has lost the players imo..

Bet none of the pre madonna's would dare say poo to BIG BAD MICK!!....He'd chew em up n spit em out...But he would play his best players in their best positions to get results full stop...UTO...

On 05/04/2020 at 14:29, hirstyboywonder said:

To be fair I don't think we had a brand of football under Jos, it was just one bizarre selection of players and tactics followed by another completely random approach from one game to the next. 

A bit like this season then....

On 07/04/2020 at 12:04, DIPPS_S.W.F.C said:

The more i think about it,the more it fits.Got be an improvement on Monk,who has lost the players imo..

Bet none of the pre madonna's would dare say poo to BIG BAD MICK!!....He'd chew em up n spit em out...But he would play his best players in their best positions to get results full stop...UTO...

I know I have too much time on my hands at the moment but its Prima Donna.