Big Mick

2 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Thanks but no thanks. :bullen:

Based on what?

His brand of football is certainly no worse than we have been subjected to this season.

His ability to get results is far better than the record of our current manager. 

There's only one choice:

Five up front..... relentless attack..... every game a 5-4 thriller......

The Messiah

“I don’t think it’s going to happen, but when you say that you’ve got to be careful... because if someone came in like Sir John Hall did Chansiri and said, ‘You’ve got the passion, I’ve got the (tuna) money’, you think, ‘Wow, we could do something there’.

“I’m 67, almost 68 - so I wouldn’t be the oldest manager!”

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Based on what?

His brand of football is certainly no worse than we have been subjected to this season.

His ability to get results is far better than the record of our current manager. 

..or last season, or the year before. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

..or last season, or the year before. 

To be fair I don't think we had a brand of football under Jos, it was just one bizarre selection of players and tactics followed by another completely random approach from one game to the next. 

14 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Based on what?

I Agree with you to a certain extent that his overall record his pretty good both at club and international level.would have been my prefered choice at SWFC after CC's departure had he'd been available at the time.In this day and age,a lot of clubs are now looking to younger foreign coaches.But there again who'd had thought that Neil Warnock would still be managing in his late 60's.My personal view is that we start to look at young and up and coming coaches who can bring fresh ideas.:tango:

26 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

I Agree with you to a certain extent that his overall record his pretty good both at club and international level.would have been my prefered choice at SWFC after CC's departure had he'd been available at the time.In this day and age,a lot of clubs are now looking to younger foreign coaches.But there again who'd had thought that Neil Warnock would still be managing in his late 60's.My personal view is that we start to look at young and up and coming coaches who can bring fresh ideas.:tango:

Fair point but who? At 41 years old I would think Monk is classed as a young manager.

If available I would have take Big Mick with all his experience and no nonsense approach.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair point but who? At 41 years old I would think Monk is classed as a young manager.

If available I would have take Big Mick with all his experience and no nonsense approach.

The last point is a very good one about MMC's no nonsense approach.He'd gone in to that dressing room and given a right mouthful at some of the current squad.:tango:

Nah, another old has been. Actually, a decent steady Eddie type who would probably do OK, but won’t take us where we want to go. Better than Monk, for sure, but that’s not the criteria for any new appointment 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Nah, another old has been. Actually, a decent steady Eddie type who would probably do OK, but won’t take us where we want to go. Better than Monk, for sure, but that’s not the criteria for any new appointment 

Where we want to go and what we can realistically aim for might be two different things. Is any sought after or highly rated manager likely to come to us in the near future given what we are currently experiencing financially?

McCarthy got Ipswich close a couple of times on a comparatively low budget. What manager could we expect to attract who you would think would be able to get us to where we want to be?

1 hour ago, talon said:

There's only one choice:

Five up front..... relentless attack..... every game a 5-4 thriller......

The Messiah

“I don’t think it’s going to happen, but when you say that you’ve got to be careful... because if someone came in like Sir John Hall did Chansiri and said, ‘You’ve got the passion, I’ve got the (tuna) money’, you think, ‘Wow, we could do something there’.

“I’m 67, almost 68 - so I wouldn’t be the oldest manager!”

Would rather lose 5 -4 then 5 0.