Big Mick

6 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

His football gets results at this level, our football is terrible to watch and for 3 months we have had a far worse record than every team but 1 in the division and keep losing games before half-time. 

Tell me about the games you have enjoyed seeing us play this season. 

His results at this level took Ipswich down.  I was one of the first on here to point out that Monks style of football was negative.  I'm no fan of Monks tactics.  But rather watch his football than micks. 

6 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

His results at this level took Ipswich down.  I was one of the first on here to point out that Monks style of football was negative.  I'm no fan of Monks tactics.  But rather watch his football than micks. 

I thought Mick McCarthy left Ipswich a season before they were relegated?

• Like 1

Never forgiven the dinglecunt getting simek sent off in that home game against wolves 

Edited by WelshOwl74

Inspector Lestrade really needs to check facts before posting on topics and re Mick McCarthy:

"His results at this level took Ipswich down.  I was one of the first on here to point out that Monks style of football was negative.  I'm no fan of Monks tactics.  But rather watch his football than micks. "

Mick McCarthy got Ipswich into the Championship play offs one year and kept them mid-table on a very limlted budget.

Oh and by the way where are Ipswich Town now since MM departed?

• Thanks 1

Not particularly enamoured by Mick McCarthy, as it’s pointless replacing one purveyor of dour stuff, with another. I’d like our next appointment to show a little more imagination. All in all, I do feel that McCarthy did a decent job at Ipswich, but his style of play is not for me

1 hour ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No mate, sorry but that's incorrect. Ipswich sank the minute he left. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

I thought Mick McCarthy left Ipswich a season before they were relegated?

He left before they were relegated but  he started the ball rolling. The Ipswich fans wanted him out not only for the results but the boring negative style. Ipswich must be amongst the most placid fans going at this level yet to man they wanted him out. 

Don't get it if you want Monk out but replace  him with a worse model. Bizzare. 

49 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

Inspector Lestrade really needs to check facts before posting on topics and re Mick McCarthy:

"His results at this level took Ipswich down.  I was one of the first on here to point out that Monks style of football was negative.  I'm no fan of Monks tactics.  But rather watch his football than micks. "

Mick McCarthy got Ipswich into the Championship play offs one year and kept them mid-table on a very limlted budget.

So why did Ipswich get rid of him? Coz the fans wanted him out due to his poor style of football.  We need to be aiming higher.  Jos, Monk then Mick where do you go after that? 

If it meant getting rid of GM I would take him. But will never happen as MM is not a yes man and he had the same problem with a chairman with no business sense at Ipswich. He left that job after being pushed out then they got relegated the next season.

sometimes Karma is great lol

7 minutes ago, Owls Loyal said:

I think Linspector Lestrade might have an ounce more credibility if he said "I messed up and got my FACTS wrong".

WOW I messed up and got a fact wrong.  Now that's settled how does that make MM a better manager?  Monk gets slated for his style of football, so our big idea is to get in a manager who plays even more boring football.

MM was driven out by the fans at Ipswich, do you think he would survive Wednesday fans?   He was known for playing for a draw at home for god's sake.   

3 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Norfolk? Suffolk? I know it's one of em.

19 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

WOW I messed up and got a fact wrong.   

original.gif.be9c06586776b8cbfd16edb8985dfb88.gif

Should try harder.

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1