Big Mick

I suggest that Inspector Lestrade is furloughed by Owlstalk.

He seems to think facts are irrelevant and ignores the basic principle of 'when you are in a hole stop diigging'.

Mick McCarthy did a pretty decent job at Ipswich on a limited budget and recently heading in March for mid-table in League 1 I think their supporters would have settled for a mid Championship finish.

6 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

He left before they were relegated but  he started the ball rolling. The Ipswich fans wanted him out not only for the results but the boring negative style. Ipswich must be amongst the most placid fans going at this level yet to man they wanted him out. 

Don't get it if you want Monk out but replace  him with a worse model. Bizzare. 

You are literally the worst pretend inspector ever. You make the guy from the Pink Panther look like Morse! lol

4 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

WOW I messed up and got a fact wrong.  Now that's settled how does that make MM a better manager?  Monk gets slated for his style of football, so our big idea is to get in a manager who plays even more boring football.

MM was driven out by the fans at Ipswich, do you think he would survive Wednesday fans?   He was known for playing for a draw at home for god's sake.   

So Mick McCarthy set the ball rolling for Ipswich to get relegated. 

Mick McCarthy managed Ipswich from 2012 to 2018. In that time they finished 14th, 9th, 6th, 7th, 16th and 12th. Not bad for one of the smallest budgets in the league and a team constantly playing for draws.

Mick was happy to stay and take the flak of the fans but the board felt it was time for a change due to the fans reactions. They moved on and finished 24th the season after he left. Seems the fans didn't know more after all. 

1 hour ago, Owls Loyal said:

I suggest that Inspector Lestrade is furloughed by Owlstalk.

He seems to think facts are irrelevant and ignores the basic principle of 'when you are in a hole stop diigging'.

Mick McCarthy did a pretty decent job at Ipswich on a limited budget and recently heading in March for mid-table in League 1 I think their supporters would have settled for a mid Championship finish.

The fans won't tolerate MM for long, they might accept crap football if he's in the top six but won't accept crap football and not been in the top six.  Monk is finding that out now.

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

So Mick McCarthy set the ball rolling for Ipswich to get relegated. 

Mick McCarthy managed Ipswich from 2012 to 2018. In that time they finished 14th, 9th, 6th, 7th, 16th and 12th. Not bad for one of the smallest budgets in the league and a team constantly playing for draws.

Mick was happy to stay and take the flak of the fans but the board felt it was time for a change due to the fans reactions. They moved on and finished 24th the season after he left. Seems the fans didn't know more after all. 

So we should have kept Carlos then?

8 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

So we should have kept Carlos then?

What are you on about?

That isn't comparable at all. Carlos had already had his head turned by Swansea and had lost his way with us due to the attraction of the chance of a PL job. The budget he had comparatively made it a different situation as well.

McCarthy was doing a good job on what he had to work with and was hounded out. Since then Ipswich have finished 24th and are currently 7 points off a top 6 spot in League One. I'd say getting rid of him hasn't worked out how the fans expected.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

What are you on about?

That isn't comparable at all. Carlos had already had his head turned by Swansea and had lost his way with us due to the attraction of the chance of a PL job. The budget he had comparatively made it a different situation as well.

McCarthy was doing a good job on what he had to work with and was hounded out. Since then Ipswich have finished 24th and are currently 7 points off a top 6 spot in League One. I'd say getting rid of him hasn't worked out how the fans expected.

It would be the same here he would be hounded out if he didn't make the top six.   His reputation goes before him and as I said before the fans might accept crap football if he's successful, but they wont accept crap football and been outside the top six. 

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

It would be the same here he would be hounded out if he didn't make the top six.   His reputation goes before him and as I said before the fans might accept crap football if he's successful, but they wont accept crap football and been outside the top six. 

You seem to be currently accepting of Monk! 

Mick has a thick skin and it won't bother him. Top 10 would be a vast improvement overall on recent seasons and in our current financial situation I think less fans than you think would be immediately expecting top 6. 

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You seem to be currently accepting of Monk! 

Mick has a thick skin and it won't bother him. Top 10 would be a vast improvement overall on recent seasons and in our current financial situation I think less fans than you think would be immediately expecting top 6. 

No, never been a fan of Monks style of football.  I do think managers need at least two or three seasons to  make a real impact at a club. 

At the moment  managers are here and gone, we need someone who can progressively build the club.  I don't think MM is the answer he would split the fan base and I'm not sure even if Monk is the answer but for the moment he has his feet under the table having said that it wouldn't surprise me if his contract wasn't renewed. 

The fans want top six if they are paying top dollar. It's all a bit of a mess at the moment.

MM, I like the guy he talks a good game, but so dull to watch. So fizzing dull.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No, never been a fan of Monks style of football.  I do think managers need at least two or three seasons to  make a real impact at a club. 

At the moment  managers are here and gone, we need someone who can progressively build the club.  I don't think MM is the answer he would split the fan base and I'm not sure even if Monk is the answer but for the moment he has his feet under the table having said that it wouldn't surprise me if his contract wasn't renewed. 

The fans want top six if they are paying top dollar. It's all a bit of a mess at the moment.

MM, I like the guy he talks a good game, but so dull to watch. So fizzing dull.

You do realise in 16 or 17 home games under Garry Monk we have scored 2 first half goals. You'll do well to find a run as dull as that in McCarthy's long career as a manager at any level. 

The fans at home haven't really vented at Monk, it has become sadly predictable. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You do realise in 16 or 17 home games under Garry Monk we have scored 2 first half goals. You'll do well to find a run as dull as that in McCarthy's long career as a manager at any level. 

The fans at home haven't really vented at Monk, it has become sadly predictable. 

My point is we will be replacing one boring managers football with another boring managers football.

Can't see the point, if we aren't going for promotion as your alluding to then at least I want to be entertained.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

My point is we will be replacing one boring managers football with another boring managers football.

Can't see the point, if we aren't going for promotion as your alluding to then at least I want to be entertained.

That takes us back to the reason Ipswich changed manager, they currently have a mid-table 3rd division team as a result.

No reason why we couldn't push for promotion under Mick, Ipswich did a couple of times at least with a small budget, just don't think it is realistic to expect it as things stand and our current manager is not getting abuse from the home fans by and large for not delivering despite producing more boring football in terms of home goals tan McCarthy has usually managed. 

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

That takes us back to the reason Ipswich changed manager, they currently have a mid-table 3rd division team as a result.

No reason why we couldn't push for promotion under Mick, Ipswich did a couple of times at least with a small budget, just don't think it is realistic to expect it as things stand and our current manager is not getting abuse from the home fans by and large for not delivering despite producing more boring football in terms of home goals tan McCarthy has usually managed. 

You're not making a good enough case for him, surely there has to be a better and more entertaining manager out there.  Has to be.