Pause Your Sky Sports Subscription

On 18/03/2020 at 14:32, sherlyegg said:

I had a similar prob with AOL yonks ago. Impossible to cancel.

Was advised to 'lose' my bank card, informed my bank, they sent another, new pin, new number.

AOL contacted me 10 nano seconds after the tried to take monthly payment...err, your card has expired please update payment details....

Yeah reyt course I will.

That impacts your credit rating doing that though 

Guest Theboylangers

I've just paused Sky Sports on my phone.

If you check future bills in My Account, you can see the amended monthly bill. 

Mine has gone from 100 to 70 per month. 

If I have to sign up for another contract, I'll worry about that if and when it happens. 

54 minutes ago, Theboylangers said:

I've just paused Sky Sports on my phone.

If you check future bills in My Account, you can see the amended monthly bill. 

Mine has gone from 100 to 70 per month. 

If I have to sign up for another contract, I'll worry about that if and when it happens. 

wow 100 a month? there robbing you I pay 45 a month for sky q multiroom got free installation free 2gb box free , mini box I get full sports no movies though . you must be a muck addict and have all them muck channels for 100 a month lol knowing my luck my £45 would probably go up if I froze sky sports due to me sweet talking a sweety at sky who knocked me 25 a month off and gave me free everything installation , 2 sky q boxes etc. 

5 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

wow 100 a month? there robbing you I pay 45 a month for sky q multiroom got free installation free 2gb box free , mini box I get full sports no movies though . you must be a muck addict and have all them muck  and channels for 100 a month lol knowing my luck my £45 would probably go up if I froze sky sports due to me sweet talking a sweety at sky who knocked me 25 a month off and gave me free everything installation , 2 sky q boxes etc. 

Do you have Sky Talk and Broadband.  That adds £35 to my bill which is usually about £90

12 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

Do you have Sky Talk and Broadband.  That adds £35 to my bill which is usually about £90

You have to negotiate hard with Sky when your contract is about to expire. I have Q with 2T box and multiroom. All channels except movies and Kids for £48 pm

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, DeeJayOne said:

So many overpaying for Sky by the looks of things.

Would be worth a few people negotiating their packages if at the end of your minimum term! It is surprisingly easy and saves a fortune.

I renegotiated my recently saved me £25 a month and no price increase from 1st April that's another £6 a month you have to tie into a deal for 12-18 months but why not - to get the best deal you have to say you want to cancel your subscription that department can offer you big savings, it a bizarre set up because customer services can offer you £5- £10 a month saving depending what you have, then you say NO I want to cancel, they know you don't but the pass you through to cancellation who then offer you big saving and valued customer extra.

The Broadband with sky is one of the cheapest and if you move you BT line to them you will not pay for that and even more savings.

I won't even get onto the mobile phone deals unlimited call, text and 8GB of data for £12 a month. Tell me one of the big 3 that will offer than under £35 a month.

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I renegotiated my recently saved me £25 a month and no price increase from 1st April that's another £6 a month you have to tie into a deal for 12-18 months but why not - to get the best deal you have to say you want to cancel your subscription that department can offer you big savings, it a bizarre set up because customer services can offer you £5- £10 a month saving depending what you have, then you say NO I want to cancel, they know you don't but the pass you through to cancellation who then offer you big saving and valued customer extra.

The Broadband with sky is one of the cheapest and if you move you BT line to them you will not pay for that and even more savings.

I won't even get onto the mobile phone deals unlimited call, text and 8GB of data for £12 a month. Tell me one of the big 3 that will offer than under £35 a month.

Good advice.

As a huge tip: The biggest savings come during (or after) your notice period - when speaking to the cancellations/retentions department politely hold out for a 50% reduction on your subscription... if they can't offer that then just ask them to go ahead and start your 30 days notice (you can always call back and say you've changed your mind and want to stay). Once the notice period is started, check your account offers online and you'll likely have an offer in there for 50% off subs - click the link and you're done! If it isn't in your account offers (keep checking) you will get emails/phone calls - the offers will increasingly get better towards the end of your notice period (still, hold out for the 50% reduction of subs - you'll almost certainly get it)...

...and if you don't get the 50% off offer you have two options: 1) if you don't want your service interrupting you can always call up and say you've changed your mind and want to stay, or take whatever off you're given then, or 2) if you don't going without Sky TV for a short while you can get the very best deals, allow the cancellation to go through and wait a week or so - you will almost certainly receive a letter/email/call offering you up to 65% off the sub cost if you go back (you can also log into your account online and check the offers there).

Oh - forgot to say. Before starting this process make sure you're opted in for marketing communications from Sky (can do this in your online account), so you'll receive the offers (otherwise they might not babe able to contact you with those offers).

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Etchesketch said:

no I have broadband with a different company , but when your contract is up play hard ball threaten to leave to rival ,they will knock that much off it might even cover a season ticket. tried to charge me £92 for sports ,multiroom etc , now I pay less than half and have all new sky q boxes ,dish. 

On 20/03/2020 at 09:20, DeeJayOne said:

CAN NOW BE DONE ONLINE:

https://www.sky.com/pausesports

no it cant I tried it yesterday online for mine and brother accounts and m8 has its hopeless  ,all you get after a bit is technical difficulties ,or the circle going round and round , so I tried calling 03337592922 at 7am done by automated call asking if you want sky sports pausing and say yes and then yes when confirmed , the sports channels will still be on but no charge until live sport resumes  what will probably 11 players in white trying to play cricket 10 metres apart in an empty ground cant wait . best thing to do if you want money saved is wait till early 2moro morning when lines will be quieter . has anyone else had any better luck online? . 

21 hours ago, outlaw pete said:

I would love to cancel my Sky Sports subscription and my full subscription if they get stroppy with me but trying to get through to SKY is impossible...

you aint much hope if you want to speak to someone , and regards cancelling or changing anything took me 5 days after xmas ringing them ,or online chat as they tried to bill me for double what I agreed on a new deal . there also less staff working and there india call centre is in isolation ,same with 3 network you aint a hope with them if you want anything changing or cancelling.