The Chairman doing team talks

1 hour ago, Key said:

Are you saying in addition to funding the club he also takes training, provides intel on the opposition, does the catering, cleans the kit and boots,  analyses the performance stats and organises taxis to get players to the ground and home again? Or can’t you say?

:duntmatter:

Explains a lot. :ghoulguy:

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

It's been known for a while that the chairman has been doing the occasional team talks.

A good idea? Worth continuing with?

He’s done it from the start of his tenure, ask Stuart Gray .

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

What's the difference?

Quick chat on a Tuesday afternoon at Middlewood or a good luck boys at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon ain’t a team talk. Will 100% not be involved in anything related to the playing side of things. 

Just now, swfcjack27 said:

Quick chat on a Tuesday afternoon at Middlewood or a good luck boys at 1pm on a Saturday afternoon ain’t a team talk. Will 100% not be involved in anything related to the playing side of things. 

So you don't think he's ever gone into the dressing room just before a game to give a talk to the players?

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

So you don't think he's ever gone into the dressing room just before a game to give a talk to the players?

No don’t think he will have done, what would he even say that’s gonna motivate that group of players 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, swfcjack27 said:

No don’t think he will have done, what would he even say that’s gonna motivate that group of players 

Ok

Forget anything I've said/posted and let's say everything I've said is nonsense

Press play on this video  - and have a listen...

Owlstalk Shop

Clearly some on here still hold the view that DC's just been unlucky and the old chestnut that "his heart is in the right place" has been alluded to. If you still want to feel that way I may not agree but I can respect your opinion. But please, do not come on here and justify the chairman chipping in with random sh!t team pep talks and say its ok because he's thrown money at the club. 

He's essentially thrown money away, his attempts to somehow galvanise the troops with a sob story about a crying child is embarrassing at best and yet more evidence of how totally deluded this guy is. His ability to misjudge a situation or a series of events is unfathomable. 

Fair enough can imagine a ranty speech similar to his 45 min openers at fans forums, doubt they will be team talks as such as in half time motivation at 1-0 but I acknowledge the point. Know a member of non football staff at the club says DC is like a dictator horrible to work under. 

5 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Just goes to show how much of a joke the club has become under his stewardship. The chairman shouldn’t be in the changing room before or during a game as it completely undermines his manager, let him do the job he’s paid to do. 

F*ck that, if I was chairman, I'd be manager, centre forward, penalty and free kick taker.

• Haha 3