The Chairman doing team talks

Yeah you lot make some good points, Chansiri doing the team talks while Ross Wallace was here is definitely contributing to us being shybo for the past 4 months and our financial issues.

Jesus wept.

Edited by Gnarwolf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gnarwolf said:

Yeah you lot make some good points, Chansiri doing the team talks while Ross Wallace was here is definitely contributing to us being shybo for the past 4 months and our financial issues.

Jesus wept.

Nobody has said that

Talk about making your own stuff up

Owlstalk Shop

On 17/03/2020 at 18:34, @owlstalk said:

It might not be widely known but I've heard about a few of them - one of which was before a really important home game

We got battered that night

Mentioned it on here at the time and got poo pooe'd as a lunatic

lol

Anyway - he's been doing the odd one - is it a good idea?

Is it true that he offered money to the players at half time, to get them to try a bit, for the family. Then did the Carlos £20 note trick, but origamied up a flapping owl and then set light to it?

12 hours ago, Prince said:

I am not offended I just find it in poor taste and not something I would resort to. We all have different standards I guess.

Yes your right I’m not a melting snowflake about an experienced premier league player laughing at the farcical way Chansiri runs the club. 

It’s hardly a shock. 

• Haha 1

On 17/03/2020 at 19:34, @owlstalk said:

It might not be widely known but I've heard about a few of them - one of which was before a really important home game

We got battered that night

Mentioned it on here at the time and got poo pooe'd as a lunatic

lol

Anyway - he's been doing the odd one - is it a good idea?

I know guys who went to manage clubs (not talking about football) in Thailand as well as in China. Was told that it is all very unprofessional (although well paid) and owners of clubs want to have final word on everything. They are deciding who gets bought, who sold, what tactics to play, what line-up to use, etc... Owners getting to changing rooms to "motivate" and even give tactical advice to players seems to be comom over there.

So we now need a new chairman who’s got £££ to burn, willing to throw it all at SWFC , bring back kids for a quid , 2 for 1 POTG tickets and never ever dares to talk to the players ..? 

We got any interested parties yet ?

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

So we now need a new chairman who’s got £££ to burn, willing to throw it all at SWFC , bring back kids for a quid , 2 for 1 POTG tickets and never ever dares to talk to the players ..? 

Ahhhhhh

THAT old chestnut

Christ - what is it with our fans that every single time a chairman is criticised, they immediately start bowing down to them and posting stuff like 'BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR" or 'WHO IS THERE OUT THERE WHO WILL COME' etc

Yet

And this is WITHOUT FAIL

Every SINGLE time a chairman has left Sheffield Wednesday, another one has rocked up and took their place

But these fans still try scaremongering others into believing we should accept any old sh*t from chairmen and be grateful for it too.

Sod that

Get up off your knees

Stop bowing down to these people who come and try use our club to better their own finances 

Stand tall and stop grovelling to them

Hold them to account about YOUR club

You're a Wednesday fan

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Ahhhhhh

THAT old chestnut

Christ - what is it with our fans that every single time a chairman is criticised, they immediately start bowing down to them and posting stuff like 'BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR" or 'WHO IS THERE OUT THERE WHO WILL COME' etc

Yet

And this is WITHOUT FAIL

Every SINGLE time a chairman has left Sheffield Wednesday, another one has rocked up and took their place

But these fans still try scaremongering others into believing we should accept any old sh*t from chairmen and be grateful for it too

Hahaha calm down, I’m merely tryna work our what kinda chairmen is gonna please the masses 

32 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Believe it or not, before a lot of these modern football mad owners and foreign owners came on the scene, owner/chairmen did just run the business side of clubs, while managers managed the football part of the club. Managers were generally given a budget to spend on transfers and players wages etc and the manager only went to the chairman if he wanted something more than that, maybe for a "special" player, or changes to facilities, training staff etc. Many of these chairmen knew little about football, even the ones that loved their clubs, but were very good business men, respected the professionals and left them to do what they did best.

Unfortunately we have an owner who admittedly has spent his life prior to buying SWFC, knowing absolutely nothing about football, spends a limited amount of time at the club, makes all the major decisions and likes to change or influence every little tiny thing at the club that he can from ticket pricing, to changing the squad numbers based on his gut feelings, to changing the club's badge, to changing the club's shirts, to changing every little thing that he can, so I personally do not find it surprising at all that on one of the few occasions that he decides to grace us all with his presence, he should make the occasional team talk, especially when the players have been showing such disrespect for the club that pays them so handsomely and now he has to answer awkward questions about their lack of effort etc.

Like most other posters, I do not think he should make team talks immediately before games, but I am not at all surprised if it turns out that he does. Every one of us probably have something we wanted to say to the players and this guy has absolutely nothing to prevent him from doing exactly that. No self restraint, no class, no respect for his manager.