The Chairman doing team talks

14 minutes ago, Mrmason69 said:

I suspect he's doing more than just team talks. 

I shan't say. I told you so. 

Are you saying in addition to funding the club he also takes training, provides intel on the opposition, does the catering, cleans the kit and boots,  analyses the performance stats and organises taxis to get players to the ground and home again? Or can’t you say?

:duntmatter:

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

It's true

Just to clarify here too - I don't think he's the only club chairman that's ever gone into a dressing room to give their first team a pep talk or team talk ahead of games

On that point, I suspect there are club chairmen who command respect because of their status and what they have achieved in business and commerce. I am not sure that any such suggestion would fit with Dejphon. He would be asking for ridicule.

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

It's been known for a while that the chairman has been doing the occasional team talks.

A good idea? Worth continuing with?

I don’t see any reason not to, it seems to be working well so far :duntmatter:

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's true

Just to clarify here too - I don't think he's the only club chairman that's ever gone into a dressing room to give their first team a pep talk or team talk ahead of games

He might have popped in and wished them luck or summat but not a full blown teamtalk surely not. We should get @gurujuan to do tactical talks to inspire them.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, northeastowl said:

Just goes to show how much of a joke the club has become under his stewardship. The chairman shouldn’t be in the changing room before or during a game as it completely undermines his manager, let him do the job he’s paid to do. 

What if the Chairman knows more than the manager,and it's his brass.:biggrin: