The Chairman doing team talks

No wonder we are in an absolute mess, Chansiri is a joke figure and it sounds like all the players see the club this way. No wonder all motivation is lost and Monk is p1ssing in the wind.

That being said also Wallace has gone right down in my estimations too, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

Edited by Prince
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Prince said:

No wonder we are in an absolute mess, Chansiri is a joke figure and it sounds like all the players see the club this way. No wonder all motivation is lost and Monk is p1ssing in the wind.

That being said also Wallace has gone right down in my estimations too, talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

He spoke nicely about the club and clearly likes a laugh - he's been around the game for a while and if he says there were weird things going on then he's entitled to say and he should be listened to. 

9 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Just goes to show how much of a joke the club has become under his stewardship. The chairman shouldn’t be in the changing room before or during a game as it completely undermines his manager, let him do the job he’s paid to do. 

Imagine buying a very expensive toy, and then being told by some saddo on the Internet that you're not allowed to play with it!

:duntmatter:

Edited by bobness
  • Haha 1

What reliable source is there that has publicly said that they've seen this happen? Any disgruntled current or ex players...dont think so...any current or  former Coaches...dont think so. Also, it would be useful if Mr Clickbait OP  defined his use of the term Team Talk. If you are implying that Chansiri performs tactical or motivational addresses to the team  on March days then I think you are spouting bullsh*t....lets face it, he's hardly been around the place on match days recently. If he talks to the squad at other times then I suppose it depends on what he's saying. If for example he addresses them today about the current EFL talks or legal goings on, anything wrong with that? One last thing...the number of fans that latched onto this thread & took it as The Gospel according to Owlstalk without a shred of proof being provided is embarrassing.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, northeastowl said:

Just goes to show how much of a joke the club has become under his stewardship. The chairman shouldn’t be in the changing room before or during a game as it completely undermines his manager, let him do the job he’s paid to do. 

I'm sure it was Ron noades when he owned Brentford that sacked his manager and decided to manage the team himself lol

• Haha 1

There is a big difference between a team talk and a pep talk.

I would imagine the vast majority of chairmen up and down the country will have popped into the dressing room at some time or other to "rally the troops", but this is a far cry from picking the team and tactics and deciding who picks up who at corners............................although watching us lately............

2 hours ago, marble said:

One last thing...the number of fans that latched onto this thread & took it as The Gospel according to Owlstalk without a shred of proof being provided is embarrassing.

You mean they've watched the Ross Wallace clip for themselves and made their own minds up?

Owlstalk Shop

9 hours ago, Prince said:

There was literally nothing bad said about us. 

some of our fans love to be offended. 🤷🏻‍♂️

12 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You mean the bit where Wallace literally says 'The Chairman used to come in and give us these team talks" ?

Then he goes onto to say something along the lines of "the chairman said his son was crying when the team don't win" that might constitute a team talk in your parallel universe but its not in mine.

4 hours ago, kingsidney said:

There was literally nothing bad said about us. 

some of our fans love to be offended. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I am not offended I just find it in poor taste and not something I would resort to. We all have different standards I guess.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

1) "The Chairman would come in at 2-15 and deliver instruction on the formation and style of play"

or 

2) " On occasion Mr C would have a chat with a few of the lads on an ad hoc basis"

Vote Now !lol

I would imagine very few team talks on a matchday are to tell the team what formation and tactics they're going to employ 

These days that's done in the week isn't it?

Owlstalk Shop