Dom Howson on Rhodes and Forestieri..

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Because he’s the most gifted player we’ve had at the club since Di Canio.

Has he performed well in the past couple of years? No, but Input that down to training methods, cr@p management and the sheeeeite around him. 

Give over,  excuse after excuse ,  you’ve gotta draw the line somewhere 

5 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

How the feck was it so obvious? He scored a pretty clinical hattrick. None of the three goals was an easy finish. Rhodes in that form would be a nailed on selection at any club in the Championship. Some of us were sceptical and wanted to give it a few more games before deciding. Just run it over me because I am curious. How could you say with certainty at that time, not with hindsight, that it was nothing more than a one off?

Easy if you watched him play for us at any point up to or after that.

Very easy to see

Just now, McRightSide said:

Easy if you watched him play for us at any point up to or after that.

Very easy to see

But you mentioned turning the corner. That pretty much eliminates what went before. If he was judged solely on the hattrick performance, then people were bound to ponder on the possibility that he could have turned the corner. Many just took a wait and see approach.

1 hour ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

Because he’s the most gifted player we’ve had at the club since Di Canio.

Has he performed well in the past couple of years? No, but Input that down to training methods, cr@p management and the sheeeeite around him. 

You can put your FF love in down to whatever you want, I'd rather put it down to things I can see with my own eyes, eg temperamental mardy arse with a selfish attitude.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Jordan Rhodes

Steve Austin asks: Any idea of any players wanting out this summer? Rhodes, Forestieri?

DH: It is clear Rhodes has no future at Hillsborough. Along with Keiren Westwood, Sam Hutchinson, David Bates and Sam Winnall, the striker has been frozen out.

We thought the hat-trick Rhodes bagged at Nottingham Forest last December would be a big turning point in his Wednesday career but he failed to make the most of his extended run in the side over the Christmas period.

We know Rhodes has another year on his contract left to run on his contract but it would certainly benefit the Owls if they could get one of their highest earners off the wage bill.

Wigan tried to sign Rhodes on loan during the January transfer window but offered a derisory loan fee plus a small chunk of Rhodes’ salary.

As for Forestieri, it is hard to make a strong case for him to be offered a new contract. 

I know you won't here a bad word said against our local journalists but he gets paid for writing stuff like this. Does he have any pride in his work?

3 hours ago, BullitsAA said:

Any decent manager would want him on his (or her) books, even a lot of prem clubs. Sorry if that wasn't clear by what I said 

That's brilliant.  Genuinely the funniest thing I've read this week.  Really perked me up after all the awful things in the news this week.

Tell me another one.

Just not bothered...

23 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

I know you won't here a bad word said against our local journalists but he gets paid for writing stuff like this. Does he have any pride in his work?

I think when a journalist goes for a job there is a hierarchy of roles they might aspire to, or to be offered based on their ability. 

Local sports reporter is the role at the lowest rung of the ladder, which reduces the journalists impact on society to the bare minimum. 

lol

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

I think when a journalist goes for a job there is a hierarchy of roles they might aspire to, or to be offered based on their ability. 

Local sports reporter is the role at the lowest rung of the ladder, which reduces the journalists impact on society to the bare minimum. 

lol

Sadly I failed to notice in time to edit that I used 'here' rather than 'hear' in my last post. :ghoulguy: Don't know whether that makes me more or less likely to get a job as a sports reporter.

I'd like to think I'd have given it more attention and done something about it if I was employed to write though! 

6 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Sadly I failed to notice in time to edit that I used 'here' rather than 'hear' in my last post. :ghoulguy: Don't know whether that makes me more or less likely to get a job as a sports reporter.

I'd like to think I'd have given it more attention and done something about it if I was employed to write though! 

I don't think it matters on hear...

lol

However, we are not getting paid to make up stories out of thin air...

In fairness to him, he's two weeks into his new job, and I'm sure he's contracted to post an article, and the government have banned football.

lol

That could only happen to a Sheffield Wednesday reporter. 

2 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

But you mentioned turning the corner. That pretty much eliminates what went before. If he was judged solely on the hattrick performance, then people were bound to ponder on the possibility that he could have turned the corner. Many just took a wait and see approach.

Behave.

Its been clear for a while he’s shot

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Has he really shown the consistency, goals and even attitude worthy of yet another contract here?

His reputation amongst the fanbase as a hero doesn’t align with his actual stats in my opinion (and I’m not a football writer)

He's no hero to me, I find him personally irritating and petulant.

6 hours ago, BullitsAA said:

Forestieri not worth a contract? That's why he is a football writer..

He should have been bombed out after the Norwich debacle. Absolute disgrace, I for one could never forgive that. Also would have brought in good money for him at that time.