Dom Howson on Rhodes and Forestieri..

Just now, A12owl said:

Has he had serious injuries or did I dream it. Did he have a ban or did I dream that. 

Do we currently have any other player with as much skill and the ability to run at the opposition? 

Has he been played in his best position. 

Yeah he’s had loads of injuries, also a reason not to offer him a new deal, can have all skill and ability in world isn’t no use if he can’t show it consistently to justify his huge wages is it ?   I’m aware he was banned ..  that wasn’t a great situation and the FA made the wrong call in my opinion but ultimately he’s responsible for his own actions 

What’s his best position ? I’ve seen this argument many a time , is he a winger ? A striker ? Play behind a front two ?   He’s been in all them positions and over the last 3 years hasn’t done enough to warrant been a top earner sorry 

38 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

Forestieri not worth a contract? That's why he is a football writer..

He's had 1 great & 1 reasonable season out of 5, refused to play on 1 occasion & has had other disciplinary issues. Giving him a new contract will show we've learned nothing from the last 5 years.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

Any decent manager would want him on his (or her) books, even a lot of prem clubs. Sorry if that wasn't clear by what I said 

Haha I don’t think he’s ever played in the top tier in any country he’s played in so he isn’t going to start now. 

Guest LondonOwl313
38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

We don’t have those as our manager though so would you offer Forestieri a new contract with Monk?

(Monk is going nowhere)

If Monk is going nowhere then neither are we irrespective of which players we keep

Guest LondonOwl313
4 minutes ago, mogbad said:

He's had 1 great & 1 reasonable season out of 5, refused to play on 1 occasion & has had other disciplinary issues. Giving him a new contract will show we've learned nothing from the last 5 years.

He still has something that none of our other players have in terms of quality. I’d like to see him stay but on vastly reduced wages. So vastly reduced that I don’t think he’d accept it anyway so will be leaving at the end of the season. He’s certainly not worth the 35k a week or whatever we currently pay

With the layout of transfer fees and wages, and managing to get to a point (yet again) where we will end up with no transfer fee whatsover for these 2 really sticks in my throat.

I hope at some point we get an owner and management team under them that can learn from the awful business we have done over the last 4/5 years (and arguably long before) and get a structure and philosophy in place where we sign players and sell at the right time with a profit to reinvest and build. Brentford, Peterbrough, Yoonited' all show how it can be done. 

It's nearly impossible to articulate how far away we are from that point at the moment. 

Apart from that, everything's great.

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’d be interested to know why you think FF is worth a new deal ..?

Because we are not going to sign anything better than him this summer and we would stupid to let him go when we most certainly wont replace him.

We've had these problems with the CB position. We never replaced after Loovens, Sasso, Hector.

1 minute ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Because we are not going to sign anything better than him this summer and we would stupid to let him go when we most certainly wont replace him.

We've had these problems with the CB position. We never replaced after Loovens, Sasso, Hector.

Seeing Forestieri playing in the first team has been a rare sight over the last couple of years though 

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Seeing Forestieri playing in the first team has been a rare sight over the last couple of years though 

I agree but hes back now and playing well.

Keep him fit and we are laughing. Some players are worth keeping and hes one of them. Even after all his antics he is not one of the players being phased out.

• Like 1

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI
1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I’d be interested to know why you think FF is worth a new deal ..?

Because he’s the most gifted player we’ve had at the club since Di Canio.

Has he performed well in the past couple of years? No, but Input that down to training methods, cr@p management and the sheeeeite around him. 

1 hour ago, BullitsAA said:

Any decent manager would want him on his (or her) books, even a lot of prem clubs. Sorry if that wasn't clear by what I said 

We should soon find out,if FF gets a premier league contract I'll show my arse on the town hall steps. 

1 hour ago, BullitsAA said:

haha. You what?

who are these premier clubs you talk of? The last time he was in the premier league he was bombed out straight away. 

27 minutes ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

I agree but hes back now and playing well.

Keep him fit and we are laughing. Some players are worth keeping and hes one of them. Even after all his antics he is not one of the players being phased out.

I may be wrong but as far as I’m aware this season he’s scored once against Swansea and a penalty against Birmingham? If that’s a forward playing well on 30k a week then it’s no wonder we are screwed.

The talk is always about accommodating FF in the team in a position he plays well in, but he's nowhere near consistent enough to warrant that sort of focus. 

He'll probably move on to have another cracking season somewhere else, but given our predicament, and the performance of him since being on one of the highest  wages at the club, we can let him go.

Good player, but we need to be looking to younger, hungrier players moving forward.

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

I’d be interested to know who the people are that thought Jordan Rhodes was going to turn the corner after his Hattrick...it was so obvious he wasn’t 

How the feck was it so obvious? He scored a pretty clinical hattrick. None of the three goals was an easy finish. Rhodes in that form would be a nailed on selection at any club in the Championship. Some of us were sceptical and wanted to give it a few more games before deciding. Just run it over me because I am curious. How could you say with certainty at that time, not with hindsight, that it was nothing more than a one off?