Dom Howson on Rhodes and Forestieri..

Jordan Rhodes

Steve Austin asks: Any idea of any players wanting out this summer? Rhodes, Forestieri?

DH: It is clear Rhodes has no future at Hillsborough. Along with Keiren Westwood, Sam Hutchinson, David Bates and Sam Winnall, the striker has been frozen out.

We thought the hat-trick Rhodes bagged at Nottingham Forest last December would be a big turning point in his Wednesday career but he failed to make the most of his extended run in the side over the Christmas period.

We know Rhodes has another year on his contract left to run on his contract but it would certainly benefit the Owls if they could get one of their highest earners off the wage bill.

Wigan tried to sign Rhodes on loan during the January transfer window but offered a derisory loan fee plus a small chunk of Rhodes’ salary.

As for Forestieri, it is hard to make a strong case for him to be offered a new contract. 

Owlstalk Shop

I agree, didn't work out for Jordan Rhodes, it would benefit both parties for him to have a fresh start elsewhere.

As for FF, he was great when he first came, but for a long time seems unsettled and has been injured a lot so once again time to move on.

5 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

Forestieri not worth a contract? That's why he is a football writer..

I’d be interested to know why you think FF is worth a new deal ..?

Just now, BullitsAA said:

Any decent manager would want him on his (or her) books, even a lot of prem clubs. Sorry if that wasn't clear by what I said 

Has he really shown the consistency, goals and even attitude worthy of yet another contract here?

His reputation amongst the fanbase as a hero doesn’t align with his actual stats in my opinion (and I’m not a football writer)

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Has he really shown the consistency, goals and even attitude worthy of yet another contract here?

His reputation amongst the fanbase as a hero doesn’t align with his actual stats in my opinion (and I’m not a football writer)

Not at all but he's had some terrible managers starting with the way Carlos handled him. Forestieri basically told him where he was going to play and refused otherwise but that was weak from Carlos he should have used it to motivate the player but instead he just did exactly what he was told. 

6 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

As said he's one of our best players just needs someone like bilic or poch (impossible) and you would see his best form 

We don’t have those as our manager though so would you offer Forestieri a new contract with Monk?

(Monk is going nowhere)

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, BullitsAA said:

Any decent manager would want him on his (or her) books, even a lot of prem clubs. Sorry if that wasn't clear by what I said 

So how come"a lot of premiership clubs" haven't come in for him? 

They could pay his wages out of loose change 

• Like 1

FF is a million miles away from been anywhere near PL class,  on his day a few years ago he might have warmed a PL bench but that’s about it 

1 minute ago, the monk said:

So how come"a lot of premiership clubs" haven't come in for him? 

They could pay his wages out of loose change 

Pretty sure there's been concrete interest! As for if his contract runs out. He'll go to the prem, we have been the club holding him back, quite selfish when you look at what it's achieved ala nothing 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Why is he not worth a deal. 

When was the last time he consistently performed ?   

is it 29 starts in the last 3 year ?  Come on

Edited by Guest