Dejphon Chansiri

Dejphon Chansiri  

423 members have voted

1. 1. In light of the outcome of last nights meeting, do you trust Dejphon Chansiri to run the club.

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Has the time come for him to sell up.

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/03/20 at 21:49

Chansiri will go at first sign of Black Balloons ,   Problem is , this fan base is that apathetic it’ll just sit about feeling sorry for itself and whinging nowt happening 

22 hours ago, Blue and white said:

So you think we should say nothing, let him run the club into the ground, pay premiership prices to watch league one football next season, or better still buy a 10 year season ticket.

I think there are enough outsiders trying to do arm to the club without us being kamikaze pilots

13 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Chansiri will go at first sign of Black Balloons ,   Problem is , this fan base is that apathetic it’ll just sit about feeling sorry for itself and whinging nowt happening 

I dont think they will be any black balloon protest at least not for a while.
Wont be matches soon to protest and would seem a bit inappropriate at the moment.

I think he’s got the best intentions, and his financial outlay has been huge, but the fact is that he doesn’t know how to run a football club

All he needs to do is employ people who can run each department and let them get on with it

I said from day one, in Howard Wilkinson he has one of the most qualified people in the history of English football sat in the south stand every week. He should have been on board as his number one advisor from the start 

I have no idea whatsoever about last night's meeting. I voted NO to trusting DC to run the club and YES to him selling.

After the taxi man from Azerbaijan nearly bought us, I stopped trusting MM to sell us to somebody with our best interests at heart and I was a bit sceptical of Mr Chansiri. Willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but sceptical. Why would a multi millionaire/billionaire who knows nothing or cares nothing about Sheffield, Sheffield Wednesday, or football want to buy our club? It never really added up to me. It smacked of the kind of daft bet or promise you might make, when stupidly rich and totally off your trolley.

I was a bit worried when the strange player signings started, Lloyd Isgrove on loan, Sergio Bus, Filipe Melo, Vermijl, Lewis McGugan, Will Keane on loan, Darryl Lachman. Imagine that lot in one team!

The only one of those that excited me at the time was McGugan, because he gave us a serious attacking threat from midfield and he took and scored direct free kicks and had played well for us during his loan spell. Melo looked decent, but turned out to be crocked, like many other of DC's signings, and the rest were all a complete waste of time, like most of the rest of DC's signings. None of the players appeared to have been specifically targeted, other than; we need defenders, they are defenders let's get them in, we need a striker, they're strikers let's get them in etc. It just looked as though, despite all his money and intentions Chansiri was buying, or loaning as may players as he could in the hope that one or two of them might be alright. In the list of over 55 players that he has brought in, we had only eight players signed to us by DC just before the January transfer window, last year, with only five of those FF, BB, Fletcher, Reach & Fox looking good for us at some time or another and the other three JR, SW and JP not being picked regularly because they are not good enough! We have since signed Harris and Iorfa who look OK on and off, but then there is Jones, who has never played, Luongo who is always injured, Odubajo who is not good enough and Borner, who is always injured.  So despite people saying that recent transfers have been better I disagree and think they are as bad if not worse. Then we have 5 loan players, brought in this season none of whom are "ripping up" this division, in my opinion, with only Murphy getting better recently as the rest of the team have slumped. Also I think Bates looked poor against Rotherham in the league cup and has not played since, Wickham looks like he is learning to walk again, Cruz looks very average at best and Windass looks ok but needs to play for the full 90 minutes and hopefully as he gets fitter, he needs to play more often.

1 hour ago, Stoop said:

I think he’s got the best intentions, and his financial outlay has been huge, but the fact is that he doesn’t know how to run a football club

All he needs to do is employ people who can run each department and let them get on with it

I said from day one, in Howard Wilkinson he has one of the most qualified people in the history of English football sat in the south stand every week. He should have been on board as his number one advisor from the start 

Same here mate. I also suggested that Wilkinson could be hired for the short or long term, as somebody who loves the club and could help shape it's long term future for DC. I also suggested that Gary Megson could do a good job of helping us to recruit the right calibre of player to the club. He signed and targeted players for us in the third tier that were able to go up a division and some of them went on to play at a high level in the prem, despite being able to shop only in the bargain basement for players. If Megson had been allowed to spend 30 or 40 million on the team I do not think we would be in the position we are in now. He loved to sign and play players with leadership qualities and we had them all over the pitch at one time. Now we have a bunch of players who are more likely to hide from the ball than to go looking to control the game and force us over the finishing line. I am so sad that my son has never got to see us perform at the top level and only really show us something special play wise in a few cameos during Carlos's reign. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, owls maniac said:

Why on earth at a time like this when fans are getting zero communication from the club would you hold a fans meeting with a half a dozen supporters and ask they don’t disclose anything discussed? 

Like many of DC’s decisions it’s totally illogical. 

Could be wrong but isn’t the reason the forums happen because it’s stipulated by the EFL that clubs have one a year? 

Possible that the other night was just a tick box exercise. The fact he just  regurgitated the same stuff we’ve heard before would point to that too. 

Edited by NeonLeon

1 hour ago, NeonLeon said:

Could be wrong but isn’t the reason the forums happen because it’s stipulated by the EFL that clubs have one a year? 

Possible that the other night was just a tick box exercise. The fact he just  regurgitated the same stuff we’ve heard before would point to that too. 

He's got form for asking people who attend the steering group meetings not do disclose things. It's bizarre. 

2 hours ago, Stoop said:

Wilkinson's suggestion was not to sign any players that drive two seater Bentleys or Chilean miners :ph34r:

• Haha 1