Sam Hutchinson

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Can play the best team yeah

But Hutchinson won’t be in it coz he’s gone 

He has, but I doubt it is for the reason put out by Doom.

Edited by SiJ

1 hour ago, 0114 said:

Howson says there is no fallout between Hutchinson and Monk. I looked at the number of appearances that Hutchinson has made this year and he has played 24 times with his final appearance coming in a win V QPR. Is it beyond the realms of possibility that if he was to play 25 games in his final year of his contract that could automatically trigger an extra year? Just a thought. 

Not this again FFS!!!!!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

You scoff but it’s been the case for a few players in the last few years when fans have scoffed at the idea and it turned out to be true

Which ones did it turn out to be true with, I don't remember any.

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Which ones did it turn out to be true with, I don't remember any.

Kieran Westwood was the rumour last year. When interviewed after Jos left he said himself when he spoke to Jos he said it was a financial decision but when he spoke to Chansiri he said it was not. Lot of mixed messages. Not saying that’s what’s happened but its not unrealistic, these things are quite common in contracts. 

5 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Kieran Westwood was the rumour last year. When interviewed after Jos left he said himself when he spoke to Jos he said it was a financial decision but when he spoke to Chansiri he said it was not. Lot of mixed messages. Not saying that’s what’s happened but its not unrealistic, these things are quite common in contracts. 

A rumour, thats all it was, it would be breach of contract and no player or their union would let it happen.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

A rumour, thats all it was, it would be breach of contract and no player or their union would let it happen.

But it was a rumour that Westwood backed up in a way with some truth. Luhukay told him it was contractual meaning there was some truth in what was being said. 

The only way that means the contract was breached was if they played the amount of games required and the club didn’t extend the contract. How can it be breach of contract for not selecting a player? That makes no sense. 

Edited by 0114

6 minutes ago, 0114 said:

But it was a rumour that Westwood backed up in a way with some truth. Luhukay told him it was contractual meaning there was some truth in what was being said. 

The only way that means the contract was breached was if they played the amount of games required and the club didn’t extend the contract. How can it be breach of contract for not selecting a player? That makes no sense. 

At the time he'd made a random amount of appearances (something like 118) as soon as JL got the the Spanish archer he was back in, for a player to be playing regularly and then dropped near to a number of games that triggered a clause would definitely be a breach.

I've been through this a 1000 times before.

3 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

At the time he'd made a random amount of appearances (something like 118) as soon as JL got the the Spanish archer he was back in, for a player to be playing regularly and then dropped near to a number of games that triggered a clause would definitely be a breach.

I've been through this a 1000 times before.

You’re talking absolute nonsense here

If a player had it in his contract that he would get a new 2 year contract if he plays 25 games that season, but doesn’t get picked after 24 games there’s no court in the world that would say that’s a breach of any contract 

If that WAS the case (and it isn’t and won’t be) then what would be the point of having clauses in them for games played?

Think about it...

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You’re talking absolute nonsense here

If a player had it in his contract that he would get a new 2 year contract if he plays 25 games that season, but doesn’t get picked after 24 games there’s no court in the world that would say that’s a breach of any contract 

If that WAS the case (and it isn’t and won’t be) then what would be the point of having clauses in them for games played?

Think about it...

Why did he get back in then as soon as Jos had gone and then only signed a new contract in the close season when Bruce was there, its a conspiracy too far with not a shred of truth in it.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Why did he get back in then as soon as Jos had gone and then only signed a new contract in the close season when Bruce was there, its a conspiracy too far with not a shred of truth in it.

Im talking about what you posted about contracts and breach of contract 

What you said was a nonsense

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Im talking about what you posted about contracts and breach of contract 

What you said was a nonsense

I'm sure a player wouldn't just let it happen if that was the case. The rest is absolute tosh.

11 minutes ago, the mighty wednesday said:

Did Tommy Miller get dropped under Megson to avoid a contract extension? If I'm right I think Tommy Miller himself said that it was annoying but understandable on the club's part.

Yep. He played 19 games that season then was dropped as 20 would have triggered an extension. 

I think he waived that clause in his contract os he could keep playing as he played 41 that year and then we released him.