Sam Hutchinson

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Also if it is the case that the player has chucked his toys out of the pram because he wont be getting a new deal, the club is well within their rights to make this public and it would be useful to do so to take some of the pressure off of the manager in relation to this apparent selection issue.

Wether the club want to do that is down to DC,  knowing Chansiri he will probably be tryna sit on the fence , defend his manager while attempting to convince SH all is well 

1 minute ago, Royal_D said:

Wether the club want to do that is down to DC,  knowing Chansiri he will probably be tryna sit on the fence , defend his manager while attempting to convince SH all is well 

Chansiri can hardly try and convince Hutchinson of that though if as you say he has told him he won't be getting a new contract. 

If Hutchinson has made himself unavailable for selection then he should be fined every time he does so ( this may already be the case). If this is the case then Monk when asked should say that Sam Hutchinson has made himself unavailable for selection rather than giving nondescript answers like he knows what a successful dressing room looks like. 

No one has said that the inclusion of Hutchinson and Westwood would make us win every game. What is indisputable is that since the 2 players have been excluded from all 1st team matters things have gone royally tit5 up.

Edited by BIG D

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Chansiri can hardly try and convince Hutchinson of that though if as you say he has told him he won't be getting a new contract. 

If Hutchinson has made himself unavailable for selection then he should be fined every time he does so ( this may already be the case). If this is the case then Monk when asked should say that Sam Hutchinson has made himself unavailable for selection rather than giving nondescript answers like he knows what a successful dressing room looks like. 

I’m pretty sure he could be sacked if that was the case.

2 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Suppose I worded that wrong,  Chansiri isn’t the type to throw a player under the bus , he will still protect SH even if they have had a row 

He was pushed very very hard to speak about the George Hirst situation, and still to the end hoped he would u-Turn and sign a deal , and there was a lot of the brown stuff got thrown about when that was kicking off 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

No I don’t agree really,  on form he can play a part in a good side at this level , too often in a Wednesday shirt I’ve seen him sit far too deep and disrupt our whole attacking balance, but it’s all about opinions , not saying I haven’t seen him have games where he’s looked like a world beater because I have , and have throughly enjoyed it 

Truth is , Massimo Luongo is a far superior all round player 

Did you say you couldn’t see us winning another game when Fletcher got injured ? Our only striker who looks like can get regular goals at this level 

Can't argue with that, sadly he seems to be developing Abdi's fitness record. The lack of updates on what the issue is doesn't help and Reach's toe must have dropped off!

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Suppose I worded that wrong,  Chansiri isn’t the type to throw a player under the bus , he will still protect SH even if they have had a row 

He was pushed very very hard to speak about the George Hirst situation, and still to the end hoped he would u-Turn and sign a deal , and there was a lot of the brown stuff got thrown about when that was kicking off 

Fair point, by taking this approach he is not doing the manager or the players any favours though as they are getting flack for this.

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair point, by taking this approach he is not doing the manager or the players any favours though as they are getting flack for this.

Cant disagree 

Do Hutchinson & Westwood improve our starting 11 - yes absolutely they do

Do Hutchinson & Westwood improve the squad - yes they do 

Would we pick up more points with Hutchinson & Westwood - pretty certain we would 

I couldn’t give a crap if they are “bad influences” - Cole & Sheringham hated each other but managed to play on the same pitch 

End of the day I’d rather Monk swallow his pride and play these 2, than sleepwalk to relegation 

Deal with them at the end of the season , not now

1 minute ago, Markowski77 said:

Would we pick up more points with Hutchinson & Westwood - pretty certain we would 

I couldn’t give a crap if they are “bad influences” - Cole & Sheringham hated each other but managed to play on the same pitch 

End of the day I’d rather Monk swallow his pride and play these 2, than sleepwalk to relegation 

And here we go again..

This could be the first ever never ending thread 

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, BIG D said:

No one has said that the inclusion of Hutchinson and Westwood would make us win every game. What is indisputable is that since the 2 players have been excluded from all 1st team matters things have gone royally tit5 up.

And that the last time they were excluded, our form picked up instantly on their return. 

The truth is, if they were recalled, nothing might change. But it's a bold move and a massive risk to our club to just assume, given the facts about our form over the last two seasons when they haven't played, that this would be the case. 

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

And here we go again..

I’ve not read back all the way - if he has gone he has gone , nothing we can do. But there’s no doubt they would improve our starting 11, do you not think?

2 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

Keep seeing this on various threads, not sure how people know it's Monks pride that needs swallowing.

Could it be the players?

11 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

And here we go again..

It might have been if @Royal_D hadn't provided some perspective and we'd have been left to you reporting on whether Hutchinson's curtains had been closed recently! 

As for Westwood, his situation appears to be somewhat different in that he has over a year left on his contract so is seemingly more down to a managerial choice. Persisting with Dawson is doing nobody any good at the moment.