Sam Hutchinson

On 11/03/2020 at 10:14, @owlstalk said:

OK then

He had the club's vast wealth of talent available to him that any manager should rightly have won promotion with easily

Either way - he messed up a glorious opportunity - and installed a culture that's choking the club today still.

If it was that easy then why doesn’t any club with money get promoted then?

Winning promotion from probably the most competitive league in world football is, and never has been, easy.

Edited by Wakefield owl

12 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Exactly, Hull’s for a starter and Brighton’s who we were fortunate enough to beat due to their catalogue of injuries.

I still remember that first half down at the AmEx in the second leg. I've seen us over-matched many times in the past and on the end of some really one-sided scorelines, but I don't think I can remember us ever taking a battering like that. God knows how we went in with a 1-1.

7 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I still remember that first half down at the AmEx in the second leg. I've seen us over-matched many times in the past and on the end of some really one-sided scorelines, but I don't think I can remember us ever taking a battering like that. God knows how we went in with a 1-1.

And our goal was a foul by hooper. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyMaC said:

Sams done one,long live Sam.

To be fair hes been quality,a shrewed peice of business by our former shrewed operator,if Sams been vocal in the dressing room,Id like to think it was due to a lack of commitment from those around him,Quality player,I dont see that many out there on a saturday now,fully commited,even at his own expense.

But we do need to move on now,sentiment has its limits,its progress that required,and our current crop leave a lot of that

When are you comin back ?

• Haha 1

On 12/03/2020 at 00:15, Westfield Owl said:

Palmer is no Roberto Carlos that’s for sure.  Even his biggest fans will see his flaws.

I was very critical of the club for not signing reinforcements at full-back last summer.  Got slated for voicing those concerns on here of course.

A player promoted beyond his limitations.  Palmer tries hard his best, plays out of position when required and will be on a fraction of the wages that some of his colleagues are on (some of whom can’t even get in the team).  The club have let him down.

Think you’ve been overly harsh on Palmer personally.  

Hows the club let him down