Who Replaces Monk?

Guest domSWFC

It needs someone who’s a huge character, someone who the players won’t walk all over which they blatantly are doing with Monk 

I really don’t know who could come in here and do a job, but whoever it is needs to wipe the whole back room staff out minus the fitness coach Bruce fetched in if he’s still about 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

It needs someone who’s a huge character, someone who the players won’t walk all over which they blatantly are doing with Monk 

I really don’t know who could come in here and do a job, but whoever it is needs to wipe the whole back room staff out minus the fitness coach Bruce fetched in if he’s still about 

personally wish we still had Bruce, he was the type of character we need. I have a feeling though DC will just want a yes man if Monk leaves. 

Guest LittleG
14 minutes ago, the monk said:

That's exactly what happened with Warnock  and was talked about openly 

Apoligies, can't remember that. 

Don’t have a clue if Chansiri would turn to Warnock,  not too sure wether  NW would even entertain it , he did fancy it while Milan was still here but I don’t think it’s something that would ever work 

If Monk quit we would be seriously scraping around to find anyone,  don’t know why people seem to think it’s such a lucrative job here ... not with this set of players anyway 

Carbone would probably get an interview this time round with what would be available 

Guest gizowl
11 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Just seen Duncan Ferguson and Roy Keane on TV. I wonder what these two would do with our lot!!

And that's exactly where they should stay, on tv just change channels and they're gone. 

Roy Keane I doubt will manage again,  i think there was a half decent manager in him if he could have channeled that aggression properly ,  brave chairman that employs a character like him these days though 

5 hours ago, LittleG said:

Not sure our fan base has any influence in who we appoint as manager.

With Chansiri, I agree.

What we think doesn't matter one jot.

But Mandy and Colin had a powwow, and decided that due to the reaction of a section of our fans it would probably be better if Mandy looked elsewhere for a manager.

One bloke, who sits in the North Stand, rang up RS and said that the sight of Colin made him feel physically sick.

I mean, he's never been an oil painting, but it's not as if the bloke in the NS had to stand directly in front of him.

The big characters seem to go down better at Hillsborough. The way Bruce turned things round with the same players was mad really. 

We have some players who clearly think they're a bit big time, so it needs someone they look up to, like Bruce, or we get rid of them when we can.

Think it will require a character to steady the ship in the short term. Don't think there are many available though tbh. Allardyce? Prob can't afford him.

Who you give it to for the rebuild though, god knows. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

It would be Bullen, but Bullen would be a safer pair of hands than Monk

That is both true and worrying.

I am not one of those jumping on Bullen to leave because apparently he is part of the problem - I don't think he is at all.

He's a useful man to have around but if he wanted to be manager, he'd have took a job at a lower club and done just that before now.   He's happy where he is at the position he is at. 

Bullen isn't the problem, it's not worth using him as any kind of scapegoat (I know you were not doing this in your post, but others have) 

I don't personally use the word "Legend" when I think of Bullen, but he is iconic.   I quite like the thought of the man and what he offers.    He's a journeyman who found a home in Sheffield - in our half of Sheffield and his blood is blue and white, no matter what anyone says.   

Edited by Salmonbones